The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
ffp00ch214

'73-'87 Low Buck 4X4 build AKA Lesson Learned

From what Ive seen most of the builds on here are somewhat mild mostly resto's ,but not all. This is far from stock ,and by no means a high dollar build but probably enough to make Louis Chevrolet roll over in his grave. Ive collected a few junkers and done alot of junkyard diving in order to piece this thing together. It started when I was in high school and it still contiues, the never ending build if you will. With that being said Ive learned alot about GM trucks mostly 73-91 and its been a nice experience. My senior year in high school I found a 1978 k10 for $700 ,I just had to have it so I wheeled her home. I wanted to restore it back to stock but keep the 4" and 35's ,but the more I dug into it the more I realized I was in too deep. So I tracked down a 1978 c10 with an excellent body and frame , I figured with all these good parts I can finish her up. Wrong! School Work Fiance New House etc etc ,so she sat for a few years. Now Ive been back at it for about a year now and Ive changed my mind, I want to go offroad. So I guess this means I need some more parts ... you guessed it another Chevy, I drove home a 1985 k20 Suburban. I guess thats enough BS, so Ill get onto the build now .........

Man I was happy when I bought that thing.

'73-'87 Chevy C/K Truck/Suburban 350/465/208/10B/14BSF
'96 Jeep XJ 4.5" lift 32X11.5 4.0 HO D30/Chrysler 8.25

ffp00ch214 is offline   Reply With Quote