The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
inkfamous13

What would be a good asking price on a 66 c20 custom cab fleetside lb fact,v8,a/c,ect

What would be a fair asking price for a 66 C20 Custom Cab Fleetside long bed truck Factory 283 air conditioning Deluxe heater 3 speed wipers with squirters, emergency flashers ,sway bar passenger side door lock tinted windshield small back window original seat belts missing nothing. Have rebuild complete front end and brakes has in NV 5400 Overdrive 5 speed trans CCP drop coils and shocks and two small rust spots on bottom of fenders about quarter size. Will be repairing fenders and reinforcement and painting truck complete. Black play original California truck what would be a good asking price that's fair for both sides. Thanks for any and all advise and or answers. Never delt with c20 truck and all my c10's were customs i did. Never original. Truck is way to optioned and orig to cut up and customize. Or would it be better Two Notch it bag it custom paint custom interior 5 lug or would it just be something that no one would really want being that it was a C20 and now it's a C10 because I got this to fix up because of the options and how original it was but the truck I want is a straight 6 C10 with three on the tree or even more 6466 Suburban that's what we really want so should I just put a nice flat paint job on this and sell it or do the metal work Dustin some paint to match the patina and sell it or completely paint it and sell it thanks for any and all help
inkfamous13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Re: What would be a good asking price on a 66 c20 custom cab fleetside lb fact,v8,a/c

I'd sell as is, pending on how bad the rot is and if everything works like it should. $5000 give or take. Some good pics would help us help you determine. You can always send it my way.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
inkfamous13

Re: What would be a good asking price on a 66 c20 custom cab fleetside lb fact,v8,a/c

The rust will be professionally repaired before sell. Im a 20 + year body & paint worker. Do everything but thats been my job since age 15, professionally at a legit body shop in orange county. Was the youngest person to legally drop out of high school and get full time work permit back in 90s. Signed up for R.O.P classes and gaurdian went in to school district with me to get it cleared. Anyway rust is next to nothing. Ive owned 4 of this body style trucks before. Have looked at and worked on in the 40 + range never seen one this solid orig. Drip rails NO RUST,floor NO RUST, around windows& windshield NO RUST wheelwells NO RUST. Literally only rust in bottom of each fender about quarter size and dime size on reinforcement n back. Can buy reinforcement piece/strip for 30 bucks each and bottom fender section for 25 ea. A hundo on metal and i can knock it out in a day or two. Thats taking complete fenders off and bolting up reinforcement piece instead of just cutting about 2 inch piece from bottom and welding it in. Really only 5k for a c20? Dam ive seen c10s not this solid with rust in about 6 normal places with none of these factory options go for more than that easily. If thats the case id just turn it into a custom bagged ride and not even sell it just trade it down the road. Just didnt want to ruin a supervsolid well optioned c20 for guys loooking to build a all orig one. Figures atleast would have heard close to 8k way it sits. Runs drives shifts great register ed blk plate cali truck
Old 11-11-2016, 12:42 AM   #4
inkfamous13

Some pics. Can post of complete bottom of solid truck
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2016, 02:45 AM   #5
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Power steering would have been a nice option to add to that list.

You have a rare bird there. Good luck with your sale.

In my part of the world $5000 is all it would bring with the rust repaired and patch painted.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:36 AM   #6
Kenfuzed

Here in California there is a slightly higher premium than in other states so I wouldn't get discouraged by the going rate elsewhere. However most buyers here are going to want to convert to either 5 or 6 lug for a larger wheel selection.

Other than the rust repair I wouldn't spend on the paint. A buyer may prefer a patina look. Also the cost on bagging may cut into any profit so I would leave the suspension for the future owner.

I would take the truck to the Pomona Swap on Dec 4th where you'll find a larger pool of potential buyers. Not sure you'll find a die hard collector wanting an original C20 but if not you may find a motivated buyer looking for a good project. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you as far as price. NADA Guides puts that truck fully restored at 11k on the low end but that is retail. 5k to 6k is probably the going rate in the current unfinished condition at a swapmeet.

Ken's 1966 C10 build "Red Ale"
Follow on Instgram: @cv_performance
https://instagram.com/cv_performance
Harley Performance Parts: CV Performance (Harley related)
Enjoying the ride!
Kenfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I see the opposite. I see prices homogenized across the country thanks to the internet. There once was a time when trucks were cheaper in CA and other no to less rust areas. Now everyone knows what a guy in the East is willing to pay for a better body, and what things go for on Ebay. Prices seem leveled out across the country. Barn finds may get past this, but that's about it. That's why you see people selling fairly junky stuff for too much when the don't have any of the redeeming qualities the trucks they used as references on pricing have. Too many think they are experts just because they came on to these trucks and learned a thing or two. I think this truck would be at the high end of same type truck in same condition, due to the A/C and Custom option. I see it as attracting either someone who wants a custom that is lowered, or someone wanting to restore back to original. Do you still have the stock suspension parts?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 PM   #8
inkfamous13

Not the springs they were allready cut by previous owner who got from the Orig owner. He cut the front coils took off rear helper leafs and and it had homemade 3 in blocks on back. Im going to take the front crossmember with 5 lug discs and 12 bolt 5 lug from my 72 lb parts truck in back. Nothing i do cuts into my profit as i do all work on my cars myself, rust repair,body,paint, suspension, breaks, electrical, air ride, ect is only going to cost me the cost of parts and my time. Think after all the advise and answers im going to build it the way i want and take it to pamona like in the past. Sold 10 + rides there. But just was trying to get a idea of if a c20 could pull some decent coin all original and it looks like no more than a no optioned ruck. So ill be postiong pics of build and be selling the body parts from the 72 c10 i got left over. Thanks. Guess ill bag it, 5 lug disc front crossmember 12 bolt posi, fix few rust spots polish out stainless, sell chrome bumper and aluminum grill ( trade for painted) dont lile chrom bumpers or grill lol and either do a faux-tina with rustique paint from uk and a flat base single stage or a custom paint. And recharge a/ c and post it for trade for burb project and some cash down thw road. Might even pull the orig v8 283 for a 292 str8 six