The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Yonash70c20

'70 C/20 in SoCal

hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. i registered quite a while ago, and was having trouble with confirmation, and kinda gave up, as i was having internet problems too, and the site wouldn't let me do anything. i just stopped by today and now it's letting me make an intro thread, so here we go!

my name is Chris, am 20 yrs old, and i live in southern california, in santa barbara county. i've got a 1970 C/20 fleetside long bed, and i love it to death. i nearly got rid of it, and i am working my way out of a predicament caused by such. you see, my grandfather bought this truck brand new end of 1969, and it hasn't left the family yet. it has been through a couple cousins, and landed in my possession early in my senior year of high school. it's my first set of wheels, after borrowing my grandpa's '84 el camino ss for a few months. my name was on the title as soon as it came back from my cousin who lived in the los angeles area, and moved to texas, and decided it was too exspensive to take it with him. fast forward to a month and a half ago. i bought a new car on feb. 8, 2008 as my other car, acquired a month after graduation class of '05, a 1991 Camaro RS 305TBI proved to just be eating me alive in gas. enter my new black 2008 Chevy HHR SS (can you tell i like Chevy? lol). then a few days later, i propose to my girlfriend of over 3 years, on feb. 13.

so i start thinking, with a brand new car, and my Camaro as my track car project (circuit, not drag strip), about 18 months of school in sacramento to take place starting summer 2009, and a planned marriage in about 3 years or so (we both want to finish school before tieing the knot), i just don't have the finances to take care of my poor truck. another cousin of mine has been saying for a long time, if i ever plan to get rid of the truck, to let her know first, as she wants it since it was her Papa's truck too (obviously same grandpa, in case anyone isn't following). so i recently started messaging her on myspace to start trying to figure out how the deal would go down as far as her getting my beloved truck, and getting it up to her (quite the drive, about 5ish hours at 70-75 the whole way). now, just a couple nights ago, i was talking it over with my fiancee, and i came to a realization...i simply cannot be without my truck. i am far too attached to it. in fact, while typing one message to her (my cousin), my eyes actually started watering up, just thinking about losing my truck. my fiancee and i went on our first date in that truck (and many dates after that). and besides, it was my first car, after all. i just can't be without it.

now here's the dillemma...how do i let my cousin know i can't give up my baby, without hurting her feelings too?

oh, and i'll have pics up soon

Last edited by Yonash70c20; 03-26-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: forgot a couple things
Yonash70c20 is offline   Reply With Quote