The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Think im going for a fuel pump soon

00 2.2 automatic S10 138600 miles No CEL or anything
truck starts up cold real quick ( i have a full tank)
I drive it all over and it starts up fine and as the gas starts going down the truck gets harder to start..more cranking and a couple of times it seemed as tho it had turned over and it didnt so i had to crank it a second time.
Once i get it going it runs like a champ
get to half a tank and the thing starts right up
drive for about 30 or so miles and shut it off and it took a bit to start it..
Im thinking that its prolly junk in the tank or jamming the fuel pump screen?
or is there something i should be looking at on the fuel rail?
Prior to this the truck sat for over a week except to move up and down in the parking spot . Other than that ive had the truck a month and used it a few times without problem. Its got a locking gas cap so i dont think anyone put anything in my tank
Another thing im noticing that when i start the truck the wolt meter reads low and within ten to fifteen seconds comes up to normal around the 14 mark. The oil pressure goes down but if i shut off the truck for even a couple of minutes and then get back in it reads over 30 PSI then goes down once hot to about 15 at idle... I hope its not a major electrical problem in this thing..
anyone have any ideas?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote