The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
IRQVET

Passively C-10 hunting . . .

Always had a thing for the C-10 step side, 67-72 Blazers, and for years I've been passively hunting for one. I hunted for my 98 Tahoe 2D for about ten years before I pulled the trigger on one, and it was the deal of the century. Original owner custom ordered it and paid $51K and I got it from him 8 years later for $5k. Fast-forward 200K miles later, its still running like a champ and I absolutely love owning and driving the thing.

So tomorrow I'm going to make a 5 hour drive to go see a 68 short step side. Seems like a honest running rig, clean title, older restoration (1980's probably), inline 6 and an automatic. Price is extremely good and I'm hoping my patience pays off for me again. (Fingers crossed)

It does appear to have the wrong front end, I'm guessing. Didn't the 67-68 have the same hood and grill, and then in 69 it changed and became "boxier" for lack of a better term? I am no expert on C-10's and I only owned a 67 C-20 for short time before flipping it for double a few months later.

I'm hoping this C-10 will be a keeper, but I also know parts and pieces on these things get swapped out all the time.
Attached Images

IRQVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:38 AM   #2
Chevyland

Re: Passively C-10 hunting . . .

Good luck !
Is one of the trucks in the picture
The one you are going to look at ?
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:55 AM   #3
vics stuff

Both of those pictured are fleet side trucks.
Vic
vics stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:54 PM   #4
IRQVET

No those were just some random pictures I found that showed the grill and hood differences I was referring to.

Well fast forward 24 hours, and I made the 5 hour drive to check out the 68 stepside I was referring to and I couldn't pull the trigger. It had too many issues to overlook. I pointed out several areas of concern, and the seller acknowledged the condition was an issue. He was cool about it, said he purchased the vehicle over the internet 2 months ago for $4,000 and had it shipped to him. Once the vehicle arrived he noticed all the bubbification and came to a simular conclusion that it wasn't worth repairing and he just wanted to punt it. At the end of the day the price was to good not to at least go and check it out. (he was asking $4,800 if you were wondering). But it had it all, body, frame, and wiring issues, you name the demon- and it had it.

It looked okay in pictures, but up close, it was a rust bucket with alot of highly questionable repairs done over the years. It was one of those things where I saw enough to scare me, but what scared me worse was what I couldn't see given all the visible issues I could see. Still looks good in this picture, so it was a shame.

So the hunt continues . . . I've got a thing for stepsides. This one just wasn't the one for me.
Attached Images

Last edited by IRQVET; 12-05-2020 at 12:06 AM.
IRQVET is offline   Reply With Quote