The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #26
CSGAS
optomistic ah-so

Re: LMC Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
I would contact Steele Rubber and see if they can help.

http://www.steelerubber.com/
x2

Steele is right "up the road a piece" here in NC and makes all their own rubber extrusions on site.

I haven't installed their products on a 67-72 truck yet, but I've used or seen them on other cars and sometimes they fit/seal even better than factory.

1970 C-10 lwb Fleetside. Originally 350 2-bbl 3-on-the-tree, m/b, m/w, m/s no a/c. Currently running on a '76 Camaro 305.
CSGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #27
kilomanjaro

I guess I would be x3 on my experience with steele rubber. Very nice seals, all that I have ever bought from them have been great fit and quality. LMC and soft seal have been a crap shoot for seals...some fine, some junk.

I had a very bad experience buying patch panels from LMC...they were total crap. That was about 7 years ago though, maybe they have improved the products they carry.

I would bet all the repro emblems and trim come from the same manufacturer.....anyone know for sure??

John
00 Ford F-350 Super Duty 7.3L
09 Dodge Challenger SRT-8
10 Ford Expedition Limited

Last edited by kilomanjaro; 02-27-2011 at 05:24 PM.
kilomanjaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #28
lilpoindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post

One person mentioned the brake lines being bent in half. I have never seen any supplier not bend them. The box and shipping is too large. A lot of their sheetmetal is Triplus.
Just my two cents
That was me.

Gee...that's funny...the same lame LMC bent the rear ones from the center of the diff to the wheel cylinders...yet they didn't bend the longer front ones from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve...they must have just got the bigger boxes....OH...and I got to pay $20 for shipping and "handling" each time.

LMC SUCKS
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #29
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
That was me.

Gee...that's funny...the same lame LMC bent the rear ones from the center of the diff to the wheel cylinders...yet they didn't bend the longer front ones from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve...they must have just got the bigger boxes....OH...and I got to pay $20 for shipping and "handling" each time.

LMC SUCKS
The Truck Shop is not far from you, with just as many if not more parts at the counter, as well as cases of NOS parts. The brake lines I have purchased have always been bent, and I buy at the counter. I am guessing that this is how the manufacturer ships them to the vendor. Brothers is also close by in Corona (Call ahead to make sure the part you need is in stock!) Why did you mail order from LMC?

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by leddzepp; 02-28-2011 at 02:57 AM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilomanjaro View Post
I guess I would be x3 on my experience with steele rubber. Very nice seals, all that I have ever bought from them have been great fit and quality. LMC and soft seal have been a crap shoot for seals...some fine, some junk.

I had a very bad experience buying patch panels from LMC...they were total crap. That was about 7 years ago though, maybe they have improved the products they carry.

I would bet all the repro emblems and trim come from the same manufacturer.....anyone know for sure??

John
Trim parts emblems are made in usa. LMC sells ones made over seas
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #31
stealth_weapons

all the parts i have purchased from LMC are proudly made in Thialand............ but, they fit well. although the finish isn't always perfect it has only been in places that aren't seen once installed. i guess i have just been lucky.

on a side note LMC is about 60 miles from where i live so i can see and touch what i am buying before money is exchanged. and i dont have to pay shipping
stealth_weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #32
Shane
Account Suspended

LMC doesn't MAKE anything, they only resell it ... look elsewhere for the the jackass that bent the brake lines in half.

For what it's worth, I bought a complete set of stainless prebent lines and they came the say 180 degree way ... from a USA company. And yes, the lines were made in the USA too.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:10 AM   #33
blackedoutharley
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadSS View Post
You must not realize that 95% of the parts you get from any restoration parts place are made in Taiwan. Very few parts are made in China anymore. I personally have had nothing but good luck with LMC parts.
Isn't Taiwan technically part of China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
My wife came from Taiwan and the quality, fit and finish are the best I have ever seen.
LOL!
blackedoutharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
My wife came from Taiwan and the quality, fit and finish are the best I have ever seen.

Just joking.... just surprised somebody didn't beat me to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedoutharley View Post
Isn't Taiwan technically part of China? LOL!
Yes, thats why the parts say "Taiwan ROC" (ROC = Republic of China, not Taiwan Rocks! )

Last edited by lakeroadster; 03-09-2011 at 09:15 PM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote