The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #1
95possom

Non-Suburban Crew Cab

Hello all. I've been a member here for quite some time, but always found what I'm looking for until now and need some help. See, it all started about 12 years ago when I finally found a SWB 4x4 that was priced well ($2500 then. Wonder what that equals to today) and pretty rust free. So, it started with a ls/th350 good enough that it would yard drive and messed around with some little things. Then the life, kids, and job happened that everyone knows. Fast forward a few years and moving a county over I decided it's time to come out of hiding. With always having "intentions" of a BBC/4spd I set out doing so. Found a great deal on a rebuilt, too much of a built big block and stabbed it in. Also found 465/205 combo, rebuilt that and stabbed it in also. After I done the 4spd swap I was pretty discouraged. Not that it's a 4spd but me being 6'4 and having to drive this thing like I'm driving a monkey bike trying to do the limbo. I left it as that for a few months until motivation came back, and I went back to work until I notice my intake decided to crack. (Bad casting it appears) And that's how it sits at the moment.

Sorry for the story but I think it's needed for what I'm wanting to do now. Crew Cab!!! I've searched and found all kinds of the suburban builds but only one two cab build. Since I'm 6'4 I could gain more leg room and with the rear doors being full size like the front the rear passengers should have plenty too. Has anyone else done it with two cabs?
95possom is offline   Reply With Quote