The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
brandon325

68 C10 Rearend Hitting Wood Bed

I was hoping someone could help me understand why my rearend is hitting the under side of my wood bed. Here's some details of my configuration.

1968 Chevy C10 SWB
2 in lowering blocks
Stock trailing arms
air bags in rear
c-notch
CPP shock relocators
20 in wheels

The issue is not with the tires rubbing or anything like that. I'm starting to install the new wood bed and in the process I found out that when the air is out of the bags and it sits on the 1/2 inch bump stop (provided in cnotch kit from CPP) the rearend is about 2 inches past where the bed is suppose to be. See pics. I know I could put a 2 inch bump stop but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of having the c-notch. I would have to inflate the bag so much the ride would be super stiff and zero travel into the c-notch. Would the tubed trailing arms help? I know the geometry is different, I just don't know if its going to help? Also, would removing the 2 inch blocks help much. I really don't want to raise the truck back up. Any suggestions?
Attached Images

Last edited by brandon325; 04-15-2018 at 02:00 PM.
brandon325 is offline   Reply With Quote