The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2024, 12:39 AM   #26
Orange Crate

Re: Hub Cap Removal Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's nice to run the correct caps and the all original look is great. But nothing wrong with the next design and I can't honestly say one looks any better than the other. They both look equally great, but when correct matters original looks best. It's like arguing over which custom wheel looks best
Like I said above, I may not even run these caps. I kinda like the raw dog look, white rims with no caps. Here is one, I don't know who's truck it is so I do apologize in advance to that person. No tool needed.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2024, 01:03 AM   #27
Sheepdip

I just picked up these "Craigslist Special" GMC 12" center caps to put on my deck over trailer as soon as I get my grandson over to pull, mask and paint the wheels white.
Attached Images

Sheepdip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 01:11 AM   #28
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crate View Post
Like I said above, I may not even run these caps. I kinda like the raw dog look, white rims with no caps. Here is one, I don't know who's truck it is so I do apologize in advance to that person. No tool needed.
I did the raw dog look on my old 69 C/20 till I found the right hubcaps. Looks better on a K/20 than a C/20
Attached Images

Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:17 PM   #29
Orange Crate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
Kinda off topic, but I hafta ask (yeah I'll be THAT guy)
I see you have a 72, but your pic shows 76-87 hubcaps. Are you sticking with those or going to 69-75 caps?
Mine came with the latter type, and the first thing I did was rip them off. It looks so much better with the correct year caps.
Way back in 2023 it was considered uncool to hijack someone else's thread. In the future (2024) if you want to start your own thread about cool looking hubcaps feel free. This one was about hub cap removal tools, thanks.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:10 PM   #30
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Way back in 2023 it was considered uncool to hijack someone else's thread. In the future (2024) if you want to start your own thread about cool looking hubcaps feel free. This one was about hub cap removal tools, thanks.
Wow, happy new year too you as well.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:06 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
That's actually a more era-correct look from a K/20. I'm not talking about factory original (except pre-69). People think the 3/4t hubcaps are rare but what they don't realize the only reason so many nice hubcaps are available at all, from these trucks bought to work, is first thing most guys did was pop the caps off and put them on a shelf, or throw them out. The cool look, but more for function and to fit wide tires, was wide black steelies.

I have N.O.S. caps for my truck but my truck isn't cherried out. So mine runs open wheels. My trucks is a Day 2 truck, so I want to dismount my tires and get my wheels powder coated gloss black. I tossed in a picture of an '84 I did the black powder coat on 9.75s. I run the 2.5" chrome lug nuts with open wheels. The member's K/20 shown with open wheels and headache rack is exactly how I recall the trucks in the western mountain states being in the '70s. A no BS 4wd truck
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote