The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Lambchop76

DJM drop kits

Do not buy from DJM!!! I bought a 3/5 kit and had nothing but trouble with the craftsmanship and the fitment of their spindles and flip kit as well as the shock extenders. The parts they show on their website are not the parts they ship to the customers. First the spindles did not work at all, so I got a refund on those and bought a different brand, which fit perfectly (Mcgaughys). Then I figured how hard can it be to screw up a flip kit? It's just two u shaped pieces of steel. But trust me these guys can screw up even that. The legs leave about 1/4" of play under the spring perches so no matter how tight I crank the u bolts down the axle still rocks back and forth under quick acceleration and quick stops. No I don't race it, that's just atlanta traffic. This is my only vehicle so I need something safe, DJM should consider that when they design these parts. I'll never again buy a thing from them or refer anyone to them. Yes the parts are cheaper than most, I guess you get what you pay for. That's my rant.
Lambchop76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
c-man405

Re: DJM drop kits

Interesting I bought the exact thig you did (spindles,flip kit,replicators,and hangers) and had absolutely no problems at all... Everything fit together great. Sorry for your troubles...
But i think i got lucky because i have heard a lot of mixed reviews on there stuff.
Carter
c-man405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Lambchop76

I must have got a bad batch of everything. The customer service I got when I told them of my issues was about as helpful as the parts.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Ol' Drippy

I had mixed results with DJM, the front spindles and springs are fine and work great. On the rear flip kit I had the same problem as Lambchop where they didn't fit right and the axle rotated on braking and acceleration. I just welded in some spring perches instead so I wouldn't have any more problems.
Ol' Drippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Lambchop76

I think that's my next fix. If that doesn't fix it I'll reverse the flip kit and do shackles and hangers from anyone other than djm