The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
718jwh

For Sale 1972 K-10 Project Truck

Truck is sold
Hey Guys
I have a 1972 4X4 Cheyenne 350, automatic 8ft bed pickup I started restoring. At this point in my life I just don’t have the time or resources to finish it, so I hate to but I am going to sell it.
I would like to sell the truck and all the parts I have accumulated for $12,000 or best offer. I have many more pictures than posted please PM me if you would like more pictures or have questions. There is much more information regarding this truck than I have listed below.
• 1972 Cheyenne, 8 foot bed, 4x4, 350 automatic
• This truck has a clear title and the numbers on the frame match the vin on title and SPID plate
• I believe the truck has 94,700 original miles on it
• Truck runs and the 4X4 worked when I started on the restoration, I planned on putting a new crate engine in it, the transmission has leaks and needs to be rebuild, the transfer case works needs new seals.
• I bought a nice bed from a forum member he said it came from Arizona. It was sandblasted, primed and painted red. It is very nice but has one spot on left rear where a prior dent repair needs to be fixed. No rust
• Tailgate is an O.E. it is not bowed and is in great shape
• The doors I got from a forum member and are very nice. I built a wood box and lined it with heavy mil plastic and soaked all four sides of both doors in Evap-o-rust then I pressure washed the insides and poured POR 15 in all four edges. The doors did have speaker holes which I welded up and then epoxy primed the drive door, the passenger door paint has been removed soaked in Evaporust and cleaned, speaker holes filled but did not POR 15 or prime
• The cab, I replaced the outer cab floor/inner rockers, lower foot well panels, lower pillar panels, and cab floor supports on both sides.
• Replaced rocker panels with NOS panels because the aftermarkets do not fit as nice.
• Replaced the Driver side cab corner with aftermarket
• Replaced passenger side cab corner with nice OE
• This truck did not have factory air and I wanted to convert to factory air so I bought a firewall panel from a forum member and welded it in and added all necessary holes for cables and vacuum lines. I also have all the factory A/C box and interior parts including the controls as well as all necessary engine mounting brackets. I restored the outer box including clear coating the fiberglass box under the hood. I cut all the vent holes into the dash for factory vents and have the vents.
• The roof and area around windshield and firewall are very clean just a little surface rust.
• All of the cab repairs are visible and not primed yet so you can see what exactly has been done.
• I replaced all the cab mounts so that I could align the doors and fenders.
• The right front fender needed a new cup because of battery acid (common problem) so I welded in a new cup. I actually spot painted this repair to match the factory color to make sure it looked good.
• The core support also suffered the same battery acid damage, so I bought a nice original core support which I applied POR 15 and painted chassis black.
• I also have a new aftermarket core support still in the box I will include with sale.
• The hood is in good shape has a very small spot-on inside that is rusted but is easily repairable.
• The grill and surround are very nice
• front and rear chrome bumpers are not beat up and are nice.
• Truck has rally wheels.
• The windshield was cracked and foggy so I threw it away, so No Windshield.
• Both door glass and vent windows and sliding rear window are all good.
• The cab is on the truck and all the drive train is still installed.
• I built a platform to set the cab on to move around the garage which I will include as well as a platform to set the box on.
• I have the original stainless steel DG4 below eyeline mirrors in nice shape, I was going to change to sport mirrors which is what the holes in the doors are.
• I have a ton of small parts I bought like the blue sticker reproduced that goes on driver’s door, new door hinges, parts to rebuild the A/C vents, firewall insulation, sound deadener, grommets, fasteners, etc.
• I also have the original doors and interior panels and all hardware.
• It has a bench seat, but I was going to convert to bucket seats, so I have the O.E. bucket seat brace that needs to be welded to the floor
• I also have a nice set of bucket seats that need covers that came from a blazer, I bought the passenger seat bracket for a pickup and all brackets from a forum member here.
• I have a very nice cup holder console that was restored and painted black.
• I have a nice set of OE black interior door panels.
• Truck has a new tilt steering column, and I will include the original column and steering wheel.
• I also have all the upper and lower and belt moldings and tailgate molding, all are in good shape a few need to be repainted or new woodgrain.
Attached Images

Last edited by 718jwh; 04-14-2021 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Sold
718jwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
718jwh

Re: For Sale 1972 K-10 Project Truck

Saturday bump
718jwh is offline   Reply With Quote