The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
cham

1972 LWB step-side value?

(I'm new at this so if I'm supposed to be posting in another section or forum, please give me some direction). I have a 1972 chevy truck (long story as to how it found its way into my garage) that I am trying to determine a value for. My research (simple internet searches) makes me believe that it is a relatively rare model. The production number lists it as one of only 407 built in 1972 and the gentlemen who bought it in 1972 said he had to custom order it directly from Chevrolet (don't know it that's true or not). It's a half ton, four-wheel drive, LWB (wood bed), step-side. It has been sitting in a garage for about 25 years. Just about everything is original and in unbelievable condition. No rust but lots of dust. Original paint still looks beautiful. I think I know what it would be worth if it was a fleetside or a three-quarter ton, but I don't know if its rarity adds any real value. Any help out there figuring out what I should ask for a selling price?
Attached Images

cham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: 1972 LWB step-side value?

I saw that on Ebay (friend a link because he knew i have it bad for those). Did you buy that or are you the seller? (haven't looked to see if auction ended). That is very rare being that configuration as a Cheyenne Super,and so original. Personally,I feel such a truck is worth the $8,500-10,000 asked for a survivor in such condition if any are. In reality (if market wasn't so over inflated) $6,500-$7,500. It would have to be absolutely rust free with original engine in and running to be worth more

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
cham

Thank you for the reply. I am the second owner (the original owner has passed away, RIP) and, unfortunately, I am forced to sell it. I have the original engine but the owner wanted to swap out a perfectly good engine for a crate engine he ordered before the truck turned 100,000. The original engine will go with the truck when I sell it. Would you suggest that I make some repairs (i.e., wood bed, front grill) or leave it with all the original parts in the condition that they are in? I have listed it on ebay but my reserve is set pretty high simply because I didn't know it's value when I listed it. It will probably go to the highest bidder regardless of reserve. Again, thanks for replying, I appreciate the help.
Attached Images

cham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I think I would do nothing and let the buyer go whatever direction they want. If I bought it I would would leave it alone as long as possible...maybe gradually replace things like grille and bed wood. I think the value is in the current state of preservation

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote