The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

4Wheel Parts/Steel Wheels

I`d steer clear of these wheels unless you don`t mind poor quality powder coating.I`d rather buy primed wheels than powder coated ones that need to be redone.I`ve bought 2 sets from them:One black Rock Crawler/one White Spoke.In both cases the set of mounted tires and wheels sat in my shop for a year or more until the truck was ready for mounting them.Both times the wheels had started to show rust before they were ever in the weather.My shop is dry.No,it ain`t the Mojave desert,but c`mon.My Harley has been kept there since`90 with chrome up the wazoo and hasn`t rusted.Not to mention it goes outside when I ride it,and sometimes in the rain.I know they`re cheaper wheels.But,I don`t want to hear,"You get what you pay for."I paid for steel wheels with a powder coat finish that should not rust sitting inside.The 9.75x16.5 OEM-types I have on my GMC were coated in`91 and have been outside the whole time.Before that,they were powder coated black and on another truck since`88,driven in winter salt.Before that,two of them were on my`71 NAPCO since the early 80s painted with rattle can paint.No rust yet.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Tink

Re: 4Wheel Parts/Steel Wheels

Sorry to hear about that... after I read your post I went out and checked mine. I bought a set of black Rock Crawler rims from them a few years ago for my K5... they don't have rust on them, but those chromy center caps do. Mine seem to have held up OK, must be cause I keep a good 'protective' coat of mud on them.

88 Sierra

02 2500 Suburban
And too many S10s to list!

Last edited by Tink; 07-07-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: 4Wheel Parts/Steel Wheels

The black ones I`ve had for three years,2 on the truck.They`re holding up fine.But sitting in my shop they started showing rust at the seam between the center and the rim.They haven`t gotten any woese since on the truck.But,the wagon wheels show rust through the powdercoat on the rim.I only have two on the front since I haven`t gotten the rear back under it,yet.The rust has been there since they were a couple months old.I`d have to pay to dismount,ship back,re-mount,and balance.Pretty close to what they cost.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote