The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
skamaniac

Exclamation *** IMPORTANT!*** Classic Parts Depot -****IMPORTANT***

This is just an advisory to all the members here. I believe our long time good priced supplier, Classic Parts Depot has finally bitten the dust. I have had an order in with them that should have been ready two weeks ago and now four weeks later, no one is answering phones...the voicemail box is full...the email inbox is full...fax will not go through... and if that is not enough, I stopped by their shop today for the second time and there are notices from SoCal Edison on the door demanding payment. Plus lots of notes posted on the door from other angry people waiting for their parts. I am sorry to say that I was into them for $200 and I think it is sad that Richard could not tell me since I placed the order in person! Unless anyone has some contradictory information, I would urge CAUTION to anyone who was considering an order with them. Sorry for the bad news as they were one of the best priced suppliers for our trucks. Maybe something will happen and this will not end up this way, but right now it does not look good.

Again, if someone has better information than me or Richard is a member here, then PLEASE post! But with all the other information provided, I find it hard to believe this is not the case...

And I just really wanted my parts..
skamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: *** IMPORTANT!*** Classic Parts Depot - DO NOT ORDER! ****IMPORTANT***

Just to clarify, CPD is not a site supporting supplier, or vendor. I wish you all the best in getting your parts or money. Its sad to see businesses going out.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

second what Liz said. Classic Parts Depot and Classic Parts Inc. are two different entities. please don't get them confused.

Classic Parts Inc, a sponsor of this fine board, is alive and well. (was there yesterday). matter of fact, told the general manager how thankful I was of thier support.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for the heads up.I lost about $575 on a Blazer soft top that Specialty Top Company never made or sent as they went under.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
CLASSICPARTSDEPOTINC

Cool Re: *** IMPORTANT!*** Classic Parts Depot - DO NOT ORDER! ****IMPORTANT***

Aaron,
Your parts were on the 3 week mark but the week of there arrival my Grandfather fell and fractured his skull (around the RH eye socket) in 5 places, and with the trip to PRESBYTERIAN ER and with daily follow ups with his Dr, neurologist, and ophthalmologist to make sure he wouldn't have to go through with surgery or have anymore Brain Hemorrhages which he is a 3 time stoke survivor. I was out for a little over a week. Some problems lurked during that time but problems that could wait, which i am sure most of the members and Admin will agree family comes first especially when its your parents/grandparents. Aaron my grandparents do live with me and at times its hard to manage the company and care for them at the same time, but i manage. And as far as So Cal Edison they are on automatic debit and the bill was under our name but for 871 #B and not # C (#C is us) it was an error we used to have # B! The notes posted on the door were business cards from solicitors walking the complex. Also a sign was posted on our door stating we were closed for a family emergency. Any how its in the past and your credit card was refunded in full! if anyone has questions, concerns or complaints feel free to email me at richard@classicpartsdepot.com or call me the shop at 866-694-6113, 877-trk-prts or 562-694-6113. Thank you
Richard
CLASSICPARTSDEPOTINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
dammitmitchell
the pollock

wow...
that was a very polite response to the situation..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
skamaniac

Refund was issued as stated by Richard. All cleared up.

I am sorry to hear about your family emergencies, but either way, I am a business owner and you need to have some sort of way to deal with this issue. You cannot just leave customers high and dry. Why not just leave a voicemail message on your machine stating what has happened? Anything would be better than a voicemail and email box that are both full with no one answering phones... Anyway, in the past now... just something to consider for the future, because it is no fun being on my side thinking that I just got screwed.

Aaron
skamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to come on and clear up this matter. I am very sorry to hear about your family issues. I hope your Grandfather is recovering well. I know I would had been concerned, if I had been in Aarons shoes as well.

Again thank you for signing in and clearing up the matter.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote