The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
68 short step

(vendor, mbgmike) MIKES BUMP AND GRIND GARAGE

this is to info all members of this board my experiance with mike, with mikes bump and grind, outta texas..
few months ago i ordered a set of autometer guages from him, the guages i received took about 2.5 weeks to get, after he already had the $ for them.. when i received the guages, 2 of them were the wrong ones. i wanted a electric water temp guage, and a electric speedo, but received mechanical ones.. this is do to me sending him the wrong P/Ns on the guages.. here is where the frustration begins, he had me send them back to him (undestandably) then he'ld send me the right ones.. i sent them back, and waited, and waited, and waited, another 2 weeks went by so i called him, went through irrateing props, (press 1 for this, press 2 for this, etccc...) only to be lead to a answering machine, i did this twice, and left messages both times...i finally received one guage (the speedo), and wondered what the deal was.. so i PMd him on the board, and he told me its going to be dropped shipped from autometer...he couldnt supply me with a tracking #, nor tell me much more....i finally received it after about a 1.5month ordeal.....

now heres the latest.....i placed a order for a wiring harness from american auto wire through him.... after approx 27 days of waiting for it, and messageing him on the thread, he replied back that all the harness had shipped out sept.13 and 16th.... so on sept 28 i called american auto wire, talked to ray, and he told me mine was still there and had been ready to ship for a few days, but mikes creid card declined.. he told me that they tried calling him the 27,and 28, left messages and havent heard from him, and they were'nt going to ship until they had payment...during our conversation he informed me that they didnt receive an order for it until sept.17, and didnt totally understand my frustration... then i told him that i had paid in full over 1 month ago for this, and was told that all harness shipped out at the latest sept. 16... he then understood.... and mikes "claims" he had no idea that his card declind, and hasnt addressed the issue of them even receiveing the order sept 17... and now i want my money back, and he agreed to a refund, but has yet to refund, this has been 3 days ago...so BE AWARE OF THIS GUY...

Last edited by 68 short step; 09-30-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
68 short step

Re: (vendor, mbgmike) MIKES BUMP AND GRIND GARAGE

ive contacted forum staff on this matter, and they are investigating this.... ill follow up with the out come
Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
mbgmike

Money has been refunded through Paypal. It was just a big miss-understanding. As far as the Gauges go they were being shipped from Autometer as our warehouse was out of them., we were not the hold up. You knew that. We held the group buy longer to help others who wanted to participate. Patience is a virtue. I don't handle ALL the every day dealings in our company. We had faxed all the orders to AAW at the same time. We faxed the orders in Sept 9'th . That was 18 days including weekends. Yours had to be made being for a Nova and was not in stock. plus you were not talking to the person that handles our account at AAW. AS owner I will take the blame and it was my fault that you are unhappy. I am sorry you had a bad experience.

link to original post
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418468

Last edited by mbgmike; 09-30-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Top Banana

I think that a manufacturer telling a retail customer that one of their distributor's credit cards was declined is the single most unprofessional thing that I've ever heard. I can understand that they want you to know that it's not AAW causing your issues...but they really should have referred you back to Mike.

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I think they (AAW) should have recommended the customer to speak to the person the customer bought it from ( Mikes), period! you never throw your vendors under the bus and you never offer information to a customer that would reflect negatively on anyone not on the phone at that time that isnt yourself. Take responsibility and own the issue, follow it through to the end, if it isnt within your power to do that, get that person and excuse yourself. I think Mike is man-ing up and making the bad deal as good as it can be after all this. Once your customer is mad it is too late to salvage the relationship, it is just a fact of business today. Unfortunate yes, but a fact.

I also understand where 68 is coming from too, he has every right to be miffed, po'ed or whatever.

Emotions get ruffled when the communications aspect is not up to the customers expectations, even if the customer is wrong, he is always right.

OK, I am done, thanks for reading my babbling....

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
68 short step

i got my refund, but took involving the forum staff, and filing a claim with paypal...as for him taking the initiative and doing it, it didnt happen..
what he claims doent add up either, you placed the order, you say, sept 9 (funny you say that, cause i got a receipt saying it was placed the 8th, but whatever)...then you say you talked to them the 17th(happens to be a sunday ) and they all had shipped out sept 13 and 16th...then, when i called to get tracking info on the sept 28, it was there and had been there ready to ship for a few days....my biggest problem is they contacted you THE DAY your card declind, THE DAY AFTER it delinced (twice), and you didnt contact them back to clear this up...its hard for me to belive that since you talk to them "all the time", as stated in original group buy thread post #74 that you indeed placed the order sept 9, talked to them sept 17, got confirmation receipts with ship dates sept 21, and then they hold on to my harness until sept 27, and then spring it on you that one harness didnt ship.... but if thats what you say happened, i guess.....

Last edited by 68 short step; 10-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
i got my refund, but took involving the forum staff, and filing a claim with paypal...as for him taking the initiative and doing it, it didnt happen..
what he claims doent add up either, you placed the order, you say, sept 9 (funny you say that, cause i got a receipt saying it was placed the 8th, but whatever)...then you say you talked to them the 17th(happens to be a sunday ) and they all had shipped out sept 13 and 16th...then, when i called to get tracking info on the sept 28, it was there and had been there ready to ship for a few days....my biggest problem is they contacted you THE DAY your card declind, THE DAY AFTER it delinced (twice), and you didnt contact them back to clear this up...its hard for me to belive that since you talk to them "all the time", as stated in original group buy thread post #74 that you indeed placed the order sept 9, talked to them sept 17, got confirmation receipts with ship dates sept 21, and then they hold on to my harness until sept 27, and then spring it on you that one harness didnt ship.... but if thats what you say happened, i guess.....
No comment Don Hulse
Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
i got my refund, but took involving the forum staff
Actually it was already resolved by the time I contacted them.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Old 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
68 short step

this guy IS A TOTAL JOKE!!!!! i got a email from paypal this morning, and apparently his refund of my money declind too......now what are you going to do to make this right mike???? my next step is to file a claim with my bank fraud department, and open the paypal claim up, again....mike, maybe running a buisness isnt your thing...to everyone else, hope this crook doesnt scam you out of your money....
Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
68 short step

still waiting on that refund....
Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
68 short step

THIS GUY IS A TOTAL SCUM BAG, A LIEING WORTHLESS, LOSER....here is the latest with the seaminling impossible refund....he paypal'd me the amount he owes me, then imeadiately filed a claim aginst me, saying the i did not ship him any product...so now paypal wont release the funds to my account....SO IM STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND..
Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
mbgmike

Quote:
THIS GUY IS A TOTAL SCUM BAG, A LIEING WORTHLESS, LOSER....here is the latest with the seaminling impossible refund....he paypal'd me the amount he owes me, then imeadiately filed a claim aginst me, saying the i did not ship him any product...so now paypal wont release the funds to my account....SO IM STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND..

You know what I am just about tired of you. Instead of calling us and working this out. you act like an idiot and post this crap. We refunded your $474.00 instantly through Paypal. In your haste we had to stop the transaction that was already in process that takes at least 3 business days. This was Paypal's way of stopping it. We did not file a claim, Paypal did to recover the Double Payment. Don't accuse us of stuff we did not do. You just fly off the handle posting crap to try and ruin our reputation. You never contact us about anything except post this stuff first. I pitty any vendor who sells you anything. I will check with paypal and see why they won't release the funds that you are owed to you. The $474.00. We don't lie to anyone and I don't like you accusing me of it at all.

Last edited by mbgmike; 10-11-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
68 short step

Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
mbgmike

Quote:

Like I said we did not open a dispute. They did to recover funds from the first transaction that could not be stopped once in progress. We refunded the money and they put the transaction on hold , not us. I don't care what that says. I will check and see like I said. I will not continue to post replys when you just WANT to argue this over the forum..Paypal put the hold on. We did not. I don't give a damn if you believe us or not. we put the cash in and they said they could not stop the auto transfer and opened another dispute to stop the transaction. They were not supposed to stop the payment we sent on the 7'th. We are not dragging this out. We just wanted to make sure you did not get paid back twice.

Last edited by mbgmike; 10-11-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
You know what I am just about tired of you. Instead of calling us and working this out. you act like an idiot and post this crap. We refunded your $474.00 instantly through Paypal. In your haste we had to stop the transaction that was already in process that takes at least 3 business days. This was Paypal's way of stopping it. We did not file a claim, Paypal did to recover the Double Payment. Don't accuse us of stuff we did not do. You just fly off the handle posting crap to try and ruin our reputation. You never contact us about anything except post this stuff first. I pitty any vendor who sells you anything. I will check with paypal and see why they won't release the funds that you are owed to you. The $474.00. We don't lie to anyone and I don't like you accusing me of it at all.
"In your haste we had to stop the transaction that was already in process that takes at least 3 business days. This was Paypal's way of stopping it. "
does that even make sence??
ill tell you what mike, im beyond tired of you too... instead of screwing more things up, why dont you over night me a money order??? you have my address, and clearly paypal is to complicated....and the fact of the matter is, over the past 5 yrs ive spent over 100G with vendors, and never had any trouble like this... and ive only had 2 dealings with you, and they have been terible.... i pity any one who uses you as a vendor... futher more i know im not the only one who thinks like this cause i get PMs saying, you are a flake that runs a 'business' outta a uhaul store front, have no employees, and rarely show up before 1pm....maybe you should be takeing lessons on the vendors i do do business with....
Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
mbgmike

Quote:
"In your haste we had to stop the transaction that was already in process that takes at least 3 business days. This was Paypal's way of stopping it. "
does that even make sence??
ill tell you what mike, im beyond tired of you too... instead of screwing more things up, why dont you over night me a money order??? you have my address, and clearly paypal is to complicated....and the fact of the matter is, over the past 5 yrs ive spent over 100G with vendors, and never had any trouble like this... and ive only had 2 dealings with you, and they have been terible.... i pity any one who uses you as a vendor... futher more i know im not the only one who thinks like this cause i get PMs saying, you are a flake that runs a 'business' outta a uhaul store front, have no employees, and rarely show up before 1pm....maybe you should be takeing lessons on the vendors i do do business with....
Do you want to resolve this and quit acting like a 12 year old. You just want to run us down thats what I think. Respond to the paypal claim stating your complaint instead of here. This my last time I will answer anything here unless you can act like an adult. I will not send you more money since I can not stop what has been sent. Check with paypal on their policies. Actually we have employees and we are open 12:30 to 7:30 week days and 10 hrs saturday cause I still work a full time job plus full time at the store. Sorry we don't have a fancy boutique for you to shop in. If you get Pm's about me being a flake why in hell did you buy from us? repsond to the claim stating you will refund the double transaction and I will release it. it took you longer to post bad stuff about us when you could have done it in less time.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #17
mbgmike

Paypal Claim was cancelled by us and you were notified.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #18
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
Do you want to resolve this and quit acting like a 12 year old. You just want to run us down thats what I think. Respond to the paypal claim stating your complaint instead of here. This my last time I will answer anything here unless you can act like an adult. I will not send you more money since I can not stop what has been sent. Check with paypal on their policies. Actually we have employees and we are open 12:30 to 7:30 week days and 10 hrs saturday cause I still work a full time job plus full time at the store. Sorry we don't have a fancy boutique for you to shop in. If you get Pm's about me being a flake why in hell did you buy from us? repsond to the claim stating you will refund the double transaction and I will release it. it took you longer to post bad stuff about us when you could have done it in less time.
do i want to resolve this? yes, thats what ive been trying to do.. if you hadnt been dragging your feet, there never would of been a thread on this matter... remember the PMs?
unfortunetly, i dont have that option with paypal, im forced to either provide proof of shipment, proof of refund, or refund you the money (the same money that you refunded me)... i never did get 474$, nor did i get 948$ (474x2)... so im not about to issue more money outta my accout into your acct, when i havent got any of my money back from you....
had someone randomly PMd me saying you're a flake, then i wouldnt of bought from you, but that PM was after this thread was started (imagine that)....

ill tell you, and everyone else, overnight me my refund via money oreder (that clears) and if, i get that paypal refund, ill give it back...

Last edited by 68 short step; 10-11-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: in my haste to spell imagine, i spelt imagion
Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #19
mbgmike

had someone randomly PMd me saying you're a flake, then i wouldnt of bought from you, but that PM was after this thread was started (imagion that)....

Now that is funny
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #20
68 short step

what can i say, we both cant spell...' you're ' acting like a 12 yr old now...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Thread closed. This has turned from a simple review to a pissing match. Paypal can be a ***** if claims are filed etc. they tie up money and won't release it or allow access to it etc. This needs to be resolved in private instead of dragging each others dirty business out in the public.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Closed Thread