The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
CHP c-10

Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Happy New Year everybody!

I would like to know if my experience with CPP is the norm or am I being screwed bcause I am a small-time customer.
I bought the Wilwood D52 front kit for my 68 c-10, and the rear wilwood D52 conversion as well through their ebay auction Dec 11. I promply paid through Paypal. I followed up with them the next business morning (as instructed) to add a booster and master cylinder setup, front rotors and pads to the order. They advised me they had everything in stock and ready to go except the front rotors which the had to "machine". "Will be shipping out in a week".
One week goes by and I phone to check the status of my order.
"We have everything here and ready to go except the rear wilwood calipers. They will be here in three days" "Plus, that delay puts us up against Christmas and then we do inventory so we can't ship those out til January. I was not very happy to hear this latest 'story' so I said please send out everything you have so I can make some progress. He said he would.
Two days later (I am in Napa CA) I get only the front disc and calipers. I again phoned, "I didn't want to send a partial set so I only sent the front".

January 3, 2010.
I checked the status of my order again. "We have everything in stock ready to go except the rear adapter brackets. They will be ready to send out in three days"
I complained to the 'mamager' and gave him the full run down and asked what he will do to make this right. "I can give you a discount on a future order" What the what??!! I told him a future order by me is very doubtful!

Anyone else have this problem?
I realize I am a small time client, but my purchase was still north of 1,000 bucks.
If this is typical CPP customer service I will think I will shop somewhere else.
Thanks for letting me vent
Jonathan
Old 01-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

There's a whole lot of stories of poor CPP customer service on this board. Do a little searching around here and you'll see you're not alone.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

As you will soon fine out from other members:

Same thing... different day.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 01-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
CHP c-10

Thanks guys for the feedback. I guess I should have be more thorough in my search on CPP. I found quite a few stories of good experiences, but not many bad. Live and learn I guess...
Thanks again for taking the time to read my post.
I will post pics of my build progress as soon as I figure out how to get them off my camera.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Check ou the "Review" section of the board as well as the "Bad Deals" section within the Review section.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=26

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
CHP c-10

Smile Re: Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Thanks for the heads up Nate, I appreciate that. I am still relatively new to using this forum and didn't know about those sections. I just used the search feature and read through the responses... Learn something new everyday huh?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
Mieser3

I've got kind of a similar situation going on with CPP as well. When I purchased my Porterbuilt C10 Stage 2 kit I opted for the CPP modular spindles and front sway bar as part of the package. I received all of the Porterbuilt pieces but the spindles and sway bar were to come from CPP. I placed the order in the middle of November and still have not seen the spindles and sway bar from CPP. Nate at Porterbuilt called them today to check on the status for me and they told him that they received the shipment of spindles in before Christams but they had "machine" errors and now the soonest I will get them is in 4 weeks. What the?? I guess everything is a "machining" issue. I'll never buy from them again.

By the way, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do for the spindles? Should I wait for the CPP modular or go with another set made by someone else? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1956 Chevy 210 Sedan
1970 Camaro Z-28/RS
1970 Chevelle SS 396 (numbers matching L34 car)
1971 Chevy SWB Fleetside with 1967 front clip - in progress
My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438156
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
RED67
Forever Grateful

thanks for posting this as I will be buying all my brake stuff elsewhere....
Old 01-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
CHP c-10

Well I have done alot more reading now that I know where to look.
I still like some of their products but I, like most of the other comments I read, really need people (especially people I send money) to be straight with me and give me an honest answer and not change their story every time I call. I am regretting not buying the wilwood swap kit/brackets I saw posted awhile back from a member here. Thought it would be better/easier to buy all the pieces from a single source... oops.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
VA72C10
VA72C10

Anyone notified CPP jeff about this to see this? Needs to be moved to the review board but maybe we need a sticky because people keep on buying without seeing the reviews until it's too late....
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieser3 View Post
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do for the spindles? Should I wait for the CPP modular or go with another set made by someone else? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Happy w/ my ECE spindles, but... they're not the 'modular' spindles so your track width will be wider.

Unless you need them to work on the front end of your project, I would consider contacting CPPJEFF to see if he can push them through.

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 01-04-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Anyone notified CPP jeff about this to see this? Needs to be moved to the review board but maybe we need a sticky because people keep on buying without seeing the reviews until it's too late....
Yes I have emailed Jeff and Jim again. I am sure they step up and fix the issues being had lately. The amount of bad review posts here lately is simply unacceptable for a board vendor. We have always been super selective about the companies we allow to advertise with us. I would ask you all to give them a chance to figure out the source of the issues and tend to them.

I am sure they will take care of the matters at hand, and do everything possible to assure these issues stop.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Wow some more issues. First off i need to have visibility to work my magic so again my direct e-mail is jeff@classicperform.com If you send me an e-mail i will look into this immediatly. I am not sure exactly what the issue but i am very confident i can get this figured out and shipped. ALot of times i dont always see this stuff on the boards and i can use the visibility of board members to make things easier on not only me but everyone at CPP. Trust me guys we do care and we are trying to our fullest capacity everyday. Sometimes there are snags and December was a very trying month but i am here to help.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
CHP c-10

Hello again everyone,
Thought I would give everyone and update on my CPP order. The emails from Liz (thank you) found their mark and 'Jeffcpp' responded to the forum.
I decided to call CPP and check the status of my order and was told "everything has been pulled and is shipping either today or tomorrow."
I then took 'jeffcpp' up on his request to email him directly and asked that he please make sure my order ships ASAP.
He phoned me 15 minutes later and asked for a quick run down of my situation. He seemed interested in helping me sort all this out. He then tried to explain some of their troubles and challenges (bad storms and phone/computer troubles which I know are legit) etc.
He dug a little deeper and handed me off to the person more familiar with my order who physically checked which parts where there and which parts are back ordered. He told me "everything is here except the brackets, which will be in on Friday" He advised me their computer system is erroneously stating back order on some parts and not on others. He told me they would ship out all they had in stock ASAP so I could make some progress.

Sooo, ultimately it boils down to good effort on 'jeffcpp' to take the time to call, listen to my details and get to the bottom of things. He states they are trying and very concerned about improving customer service. But, and I mean this without any hostility, I am still being told yet another story and still waiting on parts I paid in full 3+ weeks ago. I know these are very competitive times (I am in the thick of this too, but in a different industry), but it is just bad business to relay mis-information to a customer whether intentional or not.
I will update again if their are any changes.

Thank you Liz for the email(s) you sent.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
Indian113

Sometimes I feel sorry for Jeff,it seems that he has to be the frontman for them and catches He-- when somebody doesn't follow thru on their job. Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The problem is, there is an issue somewhere. I feel for Jeff, and whomever else.. but in the end, folks get told one thing and something different happens. Yep the parts are great, and I would love to see these threads stop. The above post from CHP c-10 shows its continuing though. I know of someone else whom had a similar problem, and hoped it was a one time thing.. seems not the case. Hope Jeff and the rest can prove me wrong. I have a really hard time supporting a vendor paid or not who has as many issues as this.

The above is MY opinion only, and not the site as a whole. I am speaking for myself as a member, and not as administration etc.. I have seen folks perma banned over slow deals, and a bunch less off them. I just hope CPP steps up and shows me how wrong appearances can be.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
The problem is, there is an issue somewhere. I feel for Jeff, and whomever else.. but in the end, folks get told one thing and something different happens. Yep the parts are great, and I would love to see these threads stop. The above post from CHP c-10 shows its continuing though. I know of someone else whom had a similar problem, and hoped it was a one time thing.. seems not the case. Hope Jeff and the rest can prove me wrong. I have a really hard time supporting a vendor paid or not who has as many issues as this.

The above is MY opinion only, and not the site as a whole. I am speaking for myself as a member, and not as administration etc.. I have seen folks perma banned over slow deals, and a bunch less off them. I just hope CPP steps up and shows me how wrong appearances can be.
The comments posted above concern me greatly, i am trying to get a sales meeting arranged immediatly. I will keep you posted.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Lis please call me directly today. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:

Liz im gonna go home now as it was another super hectic day. I still sit here and read what you have posted above and i really have some concernsabout CPP as a company or any other large vendor on this website. What i will say is these sites need big vendors and when i owned my website before i sold it i would NEVER allow my vendors to get bashed like this. I understand people need to be advised of whats going on before they spend there hard earned dollars but nothing good ever comes about for the vendors, let alone a vendor like CPP who is promoting 6772 Chevy Trucks to our customers on a daily basis. It make no sense why you guys allow stagnant posts to get relived even after they are buried in the cemetary. Seriously 99% of the time a guy will post his disapointments with a comapny before he ever posts his positive experience because that is what is expected when you buy something. You guys have a great site and ALOT of great members which i have personally helped out in big ways and enjoy dealing with, but seriously if you really wanted to help the issue we would kill old posts and move on! I dont know just seems really odd you as an admin would say what you said. You can say you are just a member but everyone will follow you on the CPP rantfest. I have ALOT of trouble keeping up with the day to day here lets not add fuel to the fire. Talk to Josh andif im crazy tell me so but it really makes no sense in my opinion.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Jeff,

I had a very long response typed up, but decided to instead shorten it significantly to this...

You seem like a stand up guy who does his best to make all issues right, but it is apparent that the CPP infrastructure is broken. You're scrambling around to put out fires all day due to that. One man can't save a leaky boat all by himself. It would appear to me that Liz's statement is that while the CPP dollars may buy advertising on this board, it won't buy her loyalty when it affects so many members. It's a shame too, since CPP has some great product ideas but often fall short of delivering them in a timely and complete manner. If you guys could get the customer service and reliability of ECE or Summit along with your product line you'd be top of the industry.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #21
ebfabman

Jeff, these matters are mostly out of Liz or Josh's hands. In this day and age people will speak out, on this blog or somewhere esle. Killing old post won't help in fact it could potentially do a lot to harm what this site is about.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #22
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Jeff,

As stated above by Liz, Kevin and ebfabman... the nature of the beast when it comes to the world wide web.

Now... I will state that I have not ordered anything from CPP, so my opinion doesn't count for much due to lack of experience. I will agree that generally you rarely hear from those that support your cause (my personal employer experiences this on a daily basis but I'm in state government), but generally only from those that are unhappy with your activities.

It is tough to compare a company like CPP to that of ECE mainly because CPP covers such a wide range of automobiles while ECE covers only 63-72 trucks, blazers and burbs. However, I have seen many positive posts about ECE and even a few unhappy transactions, but they have stepped up and resolved the problem. It appears that when ECE runs into a problem the issue stops there. Again small company easier to make changes within.

CPP on the other hand has repetitive issues covering the same topics (poor customer service, sending wrong parts (bj's for other years), delayed shipments, etc.).Large company, tougher to make changes, but it still can be done and needs to be done.

I agree that it is important to have large vendors assist in supporting the board, and that CPP is a major player is all aspects of the site 1947 to current. With that being said... something must change, not only for the benefit of our members but your customers.

The review board is in place for a reason... to inform board members on the positive and negative transactions of past board members, public sellers (CL/Ebay), vendors, etc. If we kill a post, what is the point?

I am not attempting to jump on the pile of trash comments, but when the same issues continue to happen to the members of this site, something is wrong.

Case and point: I specifically ordered my parts from ECE based on the opinions and views of other members experiences with both ECE and CPP. Money is not frivilously spent in our house, so when making an investment in suspension/brake products spending more (while it hurt) was the right decision. I received my parts as noted upon placing my order, no questions asked. I did have an issue with the M/C cover as it was bent, a quick call to ECE and I had a new on in 2 days (from CA to MO), for free with no questions asked. With the posts I read on the site prior to my order, I based my decision on others experiences; does that make me a follower? No, just an individual that wants to ensure they receive quality parts, in adequate time, and the ease of knowing that when/if I have a problem I have someone to call that will help.

CPP is a large organization, but your customers need to be your number one priority, not the products you offer. It wouldn't matter if you offered parts at 1/2 the price of every vendor on the net; if the customer service/shipment/backorder issues don't change you will continue to see posts like this.

I wish you luck on rectifying this and the other situations, and hope that the owners/operators of CPP will take heed to the complaints their customers are having. Maybe we're a small portion of CPP's entire business but we are car guys/gals, and we own other makes and models, have friends and acquaintances looking to added the latest gear to our projects. And because of this "word of mouth marketing," while it's free, it's the companies responsibility to ensure they fulfill the needs of each customer regardless of the money spent, the number of questions a customer has, etc.

Customer service - it's your investment into a satisfied and returning customer

Nate

Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #23
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Liz im gonna go home now as it was another super hectic day. I still sit here and read what you have posted above and i really have some concernsabout CPP as a company or any other large vendor on this website. What i will say is these sites need big vendors and when i owned my website before i sold it i would NEVER allow my vendors to get bashed like this. I understand people need to be advised of whats going on before they spend there hard earned dollars but nothing good ever comes about for the vendors, let alone a vendor like CPP who is promoting 6772 Chevy Trucks to our customers on a daily basis. It make no sense why you guys allow stagnant posts to get relived even after they are buried in the cemetary. Seriously 99% of the time a guy will post his disapointments with a comapny before he ever posts his positive experience because that is what is expected when you buy something. You guys have a great site and ALOT of great members which i have personally helped out in big ways and enjoy dealing with, but seriously if you really wanted to help the issue we would kill old posts and move on! I dont know just seems really odd you as an admin would say what you said. You can say you are just a member but everyone will follow you on the CPP rantfest. I have ALOT of trouble keeping up with the day to day here lets not add fuel to the fire. Talk to Josh andif im crazy tell me so but it really makes no sense in my opinion.

Jeff
First I do apologize for not phoning you today. Unfortunately I did not get in until after 9 pm tonight. I home school our daughter, and had several other family related things to tend to today. I spent a total of an hour in the office today, and that was between 9 and 10am EST, well before your request of a call. If my post offended you., that was not my intention at all. I hear all the time, by folks on the site, about how top notch CPPs parts are. While I do agree that folks are quick to complain, look around a bit and you will see that many state how the parts are great.

The issue is, the customer experience apparently is not. That is very apparent between the recent posts, and messages from users asking for our help resolving issues with CPP. There are 3 separate threads on the subject from the last month.. I understand issues happen, such as the phone lines etc... Thing is these same customer service issues have been complained about in posts from 08 on. I know I personally have never ordered from CPP, but we know the situation and the issues involved in the order placed by my neighbor. It was never brought up in public, as we did not wish to jump on the “CPP rant fest”. The same issues happened there, and yes you did assist them, but yes they did happen too. The truck never made the deadline for the build due to those. But again, I never mentioned it before in public, as it was not my intention to bash the company.

I find it odd that you feel I am doing just that, when I have bent over backwards to email and make you aware of any issues that were brought to my attention. That was done so that CPP, Jim, and the company as a whole, could attempt to clear their name and improve their reputation on the site. Not to mention the staff that has tried to help you all with improving and changing folks opinions of CPP. If my soul intent was to bash CPP, none of those things would had been..

As for the site needing big vendors. Yes it does help defer the costs of the site. Thing is, until a few years ago this site was paid for out of pocket and by donations from the members. It was built as a community for truck enthusiasts and not a monetary investment. This site is about enthusiasts helping each other, and no money from any company is going to change that. If we were in it for the money alone, this site would had been sold out to one of the many offers we have received.

Suggesting we bury old threads is preposterous. That would be like suggesting we only allow folks to post good reviews. That we allow the bad deals folks from the parts boards to stay and sell etc.. They paid a fee to post in the classifieds, so they should be allowed to do what they want? Our first and foremost priority on this site is its members. That is how it has always been, and will always be.

I would think the better mind set would be, address the issues and where they are forming from within. Then make a plan of attack to change those issues, being proactive instead if reactive. I really do hope that CPP can address the customer service issues. As its been stated many times, the parts are top notch the complaints rarely are about the parts themselves.

On a side note, we have never allowed members to simply bash a vendor, nor another member for that matter. It is against the site rules. When bash posts are brought to our attention, the users are dealt with accordingly. The posts in this area are not bashes, they are folks discussing their transactions. If they turn in to bash fests, we step in and tend to them.

Again I appreciate everything you do and have done to help folks out. To attempt to turn the tables and make it appear as if I have done something to you or CPP is simply unacceptable. I am only involved because it is my job to do so. When members come to me about issues, I can not simply brush them under the carpet and go on about my day. The issue is not my post, nor this site, nor its members. The solution is looking within and finding the root of it.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #24
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Jeff
First I do apologize for not phoning you today. Unfortunately I did not get in until after 9 pm tonight. I home school our daughter, and had several other family related things to tend to today. I spent a total of an hour in the office today, and that was between 9 and 10am EST, well before your request of a call. If my post offended you., that was not my intention at all. I hear all the time, by folks on the site, about how top notch CPPs parts are. While I do agree that folks are quick to complain, look around a bit and you will see that many state how the parts are great.

The issue is, the customer experience apparently is not. That is very apparent between the recent posts, and messages from users asking for our help resolving issues with CPP. There are 3 separate threads on the subject from the last month.. I understand issues happen, such as the phone lines etc... Thing is these same customer service issues have been complained about in posts from 08 on. I know I personally have never ordered from CPP, but we know the situation and the issues involved in the order placed by my neighbor. It was never brought up in public, as we did not wish to jump on the “CPP rant fest”. The same issues happened there, and yes you did assist them, but yes they did happen too. The truck never made the deadline for the build due to those. But again, I never mentioned it before in public, as it was not my intention to bash the company.

I find it odd that you feel I am doing just that, when I have bent over backwards to email and make you aware of any issues that were brought to my attention. That was done so that CPP, Jim, and the company as a whole, could attempt to clear their name and improve their reputation on the site. Not to mention the staff that has tried to help you all with improving and changing folks opinions of CPP. If my soul intent was to bash CPP, none of those things would had been..

As for the site needing big vendors. Yes it does help defer the costs of the site. Thing is, until a few years ago this site was paid for out of pocket and by donations from the members. It was built as a community for truck enthusiasts and not a monetary investment. This site is about enthusiasts helping each other, and no money from any company is going to change that. If we were in it for the money alone, this site would had been sold out to one of the many offers we have received.

Suggesting we bury old threads is preposterous. That would be like suggesting we only allow folks to post good reviews. That we allow the bad deals folks from the parts boards to stay and sell etc.. They paid a fee to post in the classifieds, so they should be allowed to do what they want? Our first and foremost priority on this site is its members. That is how it has always been, and will always be.

I would think the better mind set would be, address the issues and where they are forming from within. Then make a plan of attack to change those issues, being proactive instead if reactive. I really do hope that CPP can address the customer service issues. As its been stated many times, the parts are top notch the complaints rarely are about the parts themselves.

On a side note, we have never allowed members to simply bash a vendor, nor another member for that matter. It is against the site rules. When bash posts are brought to our attention, the users are dealt with accordingly. The posts in this area are not bashes, they are folks discussing their transactions. If they turn in to bash fests, we step in and tend to them.

Again I appreciate everything you do and have done to help folks out. To attempt to turn the tables and make it appear as if I have done something to you or CPP is simply unacceptable. I am only involved because it is my job to do so. When members come to me about issues, I can not simply brush them under the carpet and go on about my day. The issue is not my post, nor this site, nor its members. The solution is looking within and finding the root of it.
Liz i wanted to appologize for posting this rather than just talking to you on the phone. We are doing the best we can and i dont want to spend anymore time on this board while i have customers with pending orders in the balance. Thanks Again and have a Great Weekend!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #25
68 short step

CPP has given the same excusses for many years, for jeff to act ignorant of whats going on is a lie..also i agree with liz (that doesnt happen alot, and im normally on the defending end) but dont try and say we NEED your support/$$, cause we dont...we know what CPP is about, and how you treat customers, thats why my customers and i dont use you guys (CPP)...also what a joke, asking to delete all the negitive posts about CPP, how bout addressing and FIXING the problems rather then trying to get them hidden from the publics eye...
Closed Thread