The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
hjewell2

650 street HP

what all you racers think on this question..
chevy 350 all forged stuff on bottom end, 4500 stall, air gap with two inch spacer , 305 adv 244 @ 50 488 lift 106LSA, 4.11 gears 27 tall tires. what do ya think jetting should be front and back.? Running a 4.5 PV stock jets are 69 front and 75 rear. 650 holley street HP.

Last edited by hjewell2; 05-28-2017 at 02:45 PM.
hjewell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 650 street HP

No guess. Your density altitude, compression fuel, and about a thousand other things will determine jetting. Your post title says 650 HP, the thread says a 350 cu in,,, I assume your running 13+:1 compression some KILLER heads and a biga$$ turbo if it's going to make anywhere near that HP with something so mild as 244° @ 0.050 and only .488 lift.
I think your about 300HP optimistic there otherwise.

A wideband O2 with some form of data logging is probably the best tuning tool a man can buy.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
hjewell2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
No guess. Your density altitude, compression fuel, and about a thousand other things will determine jetting. Your post title says 650 HP, the thread says a 350 cu in,,, I assume your running 13+:1 compression some KILLER heads and a biga$$ turbo if it's going to make anywhere near that HP with something so mild as 244° @ 0.050 and only .488 lift.

A wideband O2 with some form of data logging is probably the best tuning tool a man can buy.
holley 650 street hp carb marv
Old 05-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
hjewell2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post

holley 650 street HP Marv, tried to edit title but didn't let me , sorry about that.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Hahahaha OK That makes more sence. YUP not being able to edit a title, or edit a post after some predetermined continuum of time has bit me in the @$$ more than once.
That said,, the base calibration of Holleys (straight out of the box) are figuring average signal of a mildly modded motor (fits the bill here) operating at sea level to about 2500' of altitude. This keeps Holley from getting in trouble by selling carbs that are lean, and burn pistons, exhaust valves etc. so it doesn't detonate it's self to death. They wouldn't sell many carbs if they were ragged edge and 99% of the hobbiest destroyed their motor because of a lean tune. So you can 'usually' expect the cruise and WOT to be pig pfhat at most everywhere else that doesn't see density altitude of near '0 ft'

Reading plugs is better than nothing, but my 40 years of calibrated 'plug eye' and tuning for best MPH at the track,, has learned one thing... my calibrated eye is NO MATCH for a good wideband O2 meter and some sort of data logging.

Here is what is probably the BEST tuning tool you will EVER spend your $ on short of a day on the engine dyno.
AEM WB kit But I don't believe it has any logging capabilities

Innovate LC2 will let you connect to a laptop with a comm port and you can log that way, or with any data logger with a open channel . The original LC-2 was quite problematic,, and i have no idea if they have have the 'issues' corrected or not. But the people at Innovate are sure good to work with.

I harp on data logging because... I don't care WHO YOU ARE you can not drive / race and watch gauges. I have a tach, h2o temp gauge, trans temp gauge, volts, and oil pressure in my car,, but honestly I have no idea why. From release of the transbrake to pulling the chute,, I never look at a stinking one of them.

You can't monitor a O2 gauge and drive.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote