The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
Dusty71blazer

Sell or part it out

Hello,
I'm usually on the '69 to '72 Blazer board but I'm hoping to get a little help over here...

I have a 1990 Sub that I have used as a daily driver/family hauler for a couple years. I bought a truck and have way too many vehicles now so the sub has to go....
It's a shame cuz it's a good old truck and it has potential if anyone is looking for another project.
I'll try to snap a couple pictures and add them but here are the specs..

1990 2wd 1/2 ton. TBI 350/700R4.
The title says it is a "sport" model, not sure if this is a common option but I'd think it would be desireable to somebody looking build a lowered cruiser.
It is all white with Blue interior. no roof rack.
Has stock "Sport" chrome wheels (look like the 454SS wheels)
Power Mirrors (I think these are hard to find)
No rust in the front clip or any doors. Rockers are rusted out, rust behind the rear wheels and above the pass side rear wheel. I bought all 4 new replacement rocker panels and a patch panel for above the pass rear wheel, they aren't installed- out of time, energy, etc.
The interior is good, seats are nice dashpad has a crack, carpet is faded.
It has a tailgate, not the barn doors.
It's a Silverado so it has power windows (all work, some a little slow) Cruise (stopped working last summer) tilt, overhead console, power locks, dual air (air was weak last summer, I'm sure it needs re charged- Rear AC lines were replaced 2-3 years ago)
It has add on remote start (this also remotely locks/unlocks the doors)
Kenwood CD player.
In the last couple years I have replaced the front brakes, alternater & starter and put new 31x10.50 goodyears on it. (I may swap the tires out if I can't get much for it)

It's a good truck, I've taken it on several trips and would trust it to drive across the country today. What should I expect to get out of it? (may be interested in trades too)

What I'd like to know is that if I were to yank the engine/trans & the front seats, center counsel, and the 3rd row seat- what is the rest of it worth parting it out? I can use those parts in other projects so I'll keep them if I can't sell it, but I have enough going on right now so unless the remaining parts are going to make me a few bucks I'd rather not deal with parting it out at this time.

Let me know if anybody is interested in it. I'll put an add in the for sale section when I get pictures.
any info, suggestions, etc are appreciated.
Thanks!
Dustin

'97 Dodge Ram (daily driver)
'71 Blazer (supposed to be a toy... insists on being a project)
'85 Monte Carlo SS (project)
Dusty71blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Gemp

Re: Sell or part it out

Its worth $200.....Do you take Paypal....