The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
66TexasChevy

1965 Chevrolet Long Bed Build

I am new to this site and happy to be here - this is my first posting. I bought a 1965 C10 in Fort Worth for $1000.00 this past year. The truck has the big back window with the Custom Cab package - the dash has been unmolested with the exception of the original horn ring and ashtray seems to be missing. This truck came with factory installed AC - not working at this time. The rockers and front floor corner panels are rusted out and will need to be replaced. The engine that was originally installed was a 327 and has been converted to a 1972 350 2 bl by previous owner. The truck has the original ram horn headers and exhaust system which will need to be replaced. I am working on removing the box from the frame first to see what shape the frame, brake lines, rear end look like - appears the box has never been off the frame. Will post pics later.
66TexasChevy is offline   Reply With Quote