The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
68panelman

Re: Opinions on Value Please

Yep, shes a longhorn. Nice lookin truck, luv that color.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
71swb4x4

Greg, I am not a mod, it simply looks like they moved this to the Whats It Worth section of the board. IMO (maybe not worth much) that's a good section to have it in, it's a place where we can see what people think these trucks are worth.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=83

IMO that is a $4,000 to $5,000 truck, maybe a little more if it's what you really want. I think it's a screaming deal at anything less than $4,000. If it's exactly what I wanted I would probably go a fair amount higher than $5,000.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #28
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Greg, I am not a mod, it simply looks like they moved this to the Whats It Worth section of the board. IMO (maybe not worth much) that's a good section to have it in, it's a place where we can see what people think these trucks are worth.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=83

IMO that is a $4,000 to $5,000 truck, maybe a little more if it's what you really want. I think it's a screaming deal at anything less than $4,000. If it's exactly what I wanted I would probably go a fair amount higher than $5,000.
Thanks, she is asking 6000. and the reason I asked for opinions is that I thought it was a high price and like you I figured 4/5000 was the right price. If the moderators would at least send you an email telling you your thread has been moved and where to, that would be nice.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #29
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Thanks, she is asking 6000. and the reason I asked for opinions is that I thought it was a high price and like you I figured 4/5000 was the right price. If the moderators would at least send you an email telling you your thread has been moved and where to, that would be nice.
That's what the redirect is for. I moved your thread because it was in the wrong section. We have a "Whats it Worth" section for questions like this. I was kind enough to let folks answer your question initially before moving this thread to the proper section.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #30
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
That's what the redirect is for. I moved your thread because it was in the wrong section.I could argue that I didn't post it in the wrong section but that would be futile. We have a "Whats it Worth" section for questions like this. I was kind enough to let folks answer your question initially before moving this thread to the proper section.
Whats a redirect? On the redirect do you let the poster know where their thread went so they know what is happening and they would know why they aren't getting as many answers to their post as they thought they should. I guess if I would have been told my thread was moved I wouldn't be so ticked. I had to hunt to page 3 this morning to find out it had been moved. .

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #31
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

No reason to be "ticked".
I wish more members would look at the entire board.
There is a ton of info all over this site.
Not just in the specific 67-72 areas or where ever you look each day.

Our Mods are volunteers.
They take care of a large amount of problems "on the board" and thru PMs.
The redirect automaticly let you find your thread when it's been moved, (when you click on it).
Your thread belongs in the WIW section.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #32
leddzepp

Look here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...er=desc&page=2

This is page 2 and you can see your original post. Click on it. Takes you right to where it has been moved. I suspect everyone that has answered your question after it was moved clicked on here.

You have 2 pages worth of answers, which is more than most folks get when they ask a question.

You did post it in the wrong section, and yes it is futile to argue at this point.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 11-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #33
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Look here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...er=desc&page=2

This is page 2 and you can see your original post. Click on it. Takes you right to where it has been moved. I suspect everyone that has answered your question after it was moved clicked on here.

You have 2 pages worth of answers, which is more than most folks get when they ask a question.

You did post it in the wrong section, and yes it is futile to argue at this point.
10-4.. I didn't know what a redirect was and now I do, so thanks for explaining.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #34
leddzepp

No problem. That is a beautiful Longhorn, I hope you end up with it!

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 11-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #35
dubds10
Stalker Nate

I could see her sitting on that truck for a while at $6gs though. Not many are selling that high, even the mint ones up here which are priced just above that aren't selling at all. I've seen the same original trucks for sale up here for a year now with little price change. I'd say $4gs tops for a longhorn with a 350. If it had the 402 that'd be nice. I picked up a longhorn for penny's to be honest and it was fully loaded and 99% rust free as far as the body and frame went. Cab was rust free except the rockers had damage on them so needed replacing anyways. Ran great, drove great etc. If she wants to sell fast she'll go $3-4g which is a good deal I'd say for a clean rust free truck.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #36
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
I could see her sitting on that truck for a while at $6gs though. Not many are selling that high, even the mint ones up here which are priced just above that aren't selling at all. I've seen the same original trucks for sale up here for a year now with little price change. I'd say $4gs tops for a longhorn with a 350. If it had the 402 that'd be nice. I picked up a longhorn for penny's to be honest and it was fully loaded and 99% rust free as far as the body and frame went. Cab was rust free except the rockers had damage on them so needed replacing anyways. Ran great, drove great etc. If she wants to sell fast she'll go $3-4g which is a good deal I'd say for a clean rust free truck.
I talked to her yesterday and was going to offer 4000. for it. Before I offered I asked how firm she was on the price and she said if she couldn't get 5500. she'd keep it so I didn't offer anything. Right now on Kijiji there is one in Edmonton on an estate sale that has 108,000 miles and they are asking 16,000. which is nuts.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ328203172
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Already Gone; 11-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #37
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Some people are just out the window with their value on these old trucks and what they think they'll get. The market is horrible across the world right now..economy is crap and people are trying to get money however they can, but they also have to be realistic lol Some are just nowhere close to understanding that though.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
dmwphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
Some people are just out the window with their value on these old trucks and what they think they'll get. The market is horrible across the world right now..economy is crap and people are trying to get money however they can, but they also have to be realistic lol Some are just nowhere close to understanding that though.
so .....what is "your" number on this?
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #39
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwphoto View Post
so .....what is "your" number on this?
I already said above But $4gs I'd say if the seller wants it gone asap with how the overall economy is and it being X-mas time everybody is hurting for cash.

The thing is, rare longhorn trucks don't mean they are desirable rare trucks. They are probably the least sought after lol Obviously a SWB fleet in the same condition would be worth the $6gs to the right buyer if not more depending on condition. I find with these old trucks mileage means nothing unless its an immaculate collectors piece, otherwise everybody changes them to how they want them so they just keep looking for the best deal out there. I rather buy a few $300 vehicles and build a good one out of two than pay full market value on any vehicle out there today. Obviously not everybody has the means and time to rebuild vehicles, but still there's some bargaining to be had out there for vehicles of all years if you look hard enough.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #40
Coley

Smile Re: Opinions on Value Please

I agree with the $5000-$6000 pricing. I've seen lots of comparable trucks out there in that price range...particularly given the economics going on right now.
As well, I agree with dubds about the Longhorn comment. They are rare...but that doesn't mean they are necessarily desireable.
A lot of owners say they won't sell it unless they get their price....most of that is blustering. Be respectful and simply state that you are very interested and what your budget is....and make sure you leave your contact info with her. Then I would respectfully follow up....after Christmas. It's important that the you let the seller maintain a sense of success in this, even if that means the sell price is lower than what they originally wanted.
Good Luck
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #41
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
I agree with the $5000-$6000 pricing. I've seen lots of comparable trucks out there in that price range...particularly given the economics going on right now.
As well, I agree with dubds about the Longhorn comment. They are rare...but that doesn't mean they are necessarily desireable.
A lot of owners say they won't sell it unless they get their price....most of that is blustering. Be respectful and simply state that you are very interested and what your budget is....and make sure you leave your contact info with her. Then I would respectfully follow up....after Christmas. It's important that the you let the seller maintain a sense of success in this, even if that means the sell price is lower than what they originally wanted.
Good Luck
Coley
Great advice, thank you.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #42
haminator

That is a Longhorn and Longhorns only have leafs most likely with overloads. Probably has the Eaton rear, didn't see the Dana option on the list. I see it has the side box as well and the floor looks pretty darn good for a 40 year old truck.
haminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #43
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by haminator View Post
That is a Longhorn and Longhorns only have leafs most likely with overloads. Probably has the Eaton rear, didn't see the Dana option on the list. I see it has the side box as well and the floor looks pretty darn good for a 40 year old truck.
I think its pretty nice overall but she just wants a little to much money for the truck. If it was a CST with factory buckets, tilt and a big block I'd probably give her what she is asking.