The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
team39763

TBI injector problems.

I have a 94 S10 with a TBI 4.3L. A while back, we had problems with it misfiring and stalling. So we checked a few things and it looks like the injectors aren't firing. I checked to make sure they were getting power/signal, and they were. They just didn't fire, so I assumed they were clogged. So I pulled the injectors out and soaked them in some B-12 Chemtool, then blew them dry with high pressure air. I broke the gasket between the top/bottom plate, so I used rtv and bolted everything back together. When I went to turn it on, both injectors just poured gas out(not spray). One of them foamed up pretty good, but they both were just spilling gas badly even with the electrical connector removed. Did I ruin the injectors or do I just need to replace that gasket? Any help would be greatly appreciated.