The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Trevoc

Project Pee Paw

After selling my last project I finally picked up something I dreamed of for years. A Chevrolet SWB Pickup late last fall. This one is a 1970 C-10. My Grandfather (AKA Pee Paw) had one as his last truck before he passed away in 1977. So I wanted to build one in his honor (He built me my first bike from scrap parts, I loved that bike).

It only look a couple of weeks and I found one on eBay a few hundred miles North of me. I purchased the truck in the Fall of 2010.

After getting it to my brothers house and getting it clean we found a lot of rust to the cab and found the driver side door area was worse than we thought. So he suggested (he is a paint and body guy by trade and own's his on shop...good to have one of those in the family ) a new cab should be purchased.

So my brother put some feelers out and low and behold a friend called him and said he was interested in getting rid of his 1970 CST-10 (yes I know, someone tried to convert it to a 71-72 and did a bad job at that

My brother went and looked at the truck and called me to say it was a solid truck that actually ran and I should purchase it. So I did

The downfall to having a brother who owns a paint and body shop is he has to eat first which means Project Pee Paw has been pushed back (ok, really work has had me very busy the last six months and I have not had the time to work on it). But this has given me a lot of time to figure out what I want to do with the truck. First, we are going to use the cab and front clip from the 70 CST-10 on the 70 SWB frame and bed. Convert to 5 lugs using the rear axle and front end parts from the 70 LWB on the 70 SWB. I got gas tank lid from a 1985 Chevy S-10 Blazer. I will be moving the gas to the rear and really like the one from FuelCellGuy and it seems a lot of guys on here have purchased one from him. Going that route because after a lot of thought and consideration I purchased the drivetrain from this:

It's a 1995 Z-28 Camaro with a LT1 motor. I get the motor, tranny and harness. Really just about anything on the car cause the owner wants to turn it into a drag car.

So I am super stoked and have just one more vehicle in front of mine before the teardown begins. We hope to have it running by mid summer with all the body work done and painted. I will stay sort of original with the paint in that the truck will be orange and white. Just not the factory orange and white (shhh, it's a secret). I will still have a long way to go even though it will be running. He is just doing all the frame and body work for me and then I will bring it to Houston to finish up Project Pee Paw.

I will be posting pic's of the process and hope you guys enjoy the process as much as I am.

Jerry

Last edited by Trevoc; 06-19-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Trevoc is offline   Reply With Quote