The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2024, 06:18 AM   #51
Belsh

Re: 72 getting rid of the 90's mistake.

Great looking truck, the black front grill looks amazing, think I'm gonna give that a try on mine
Belsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:00 AM   #52
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsh View Post
Great looking truck, the black front grill looks amazing, think I'm gonna give that a try on mine
Thanks that's what sold me on the truck, I knew it needed a ton of work but it just called to me.

Its actually all dark metallic gray with green and blue flakes but in low like it looks black, in the sun its a lot lighter color.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2024, 08:39 AM   #53
Belsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Thanks that's what sold me on the truck, I knew it needed a ton of work but it just called to me.

Its actually all dark metallic gray with green and blue flakes but in low like it looks black, in the sun its a lot lighter color.
Yeah looks great, tough over here in England getting any parts so have to think outside the box alot of the time!
Belsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 02:19 PM   #54
hdrolling

Added some new bling to the interior.
ACC C10 floor mats, these don't curl every time I get in like the old ones I had.
Brothers radio bezel, just something I was eyeing for a while and decided to add one.
'72 specific door support screws, never had any since I bought it and my OCD got the better of me. Almost every '72 door I see is missing these screws and I was done being one of those guys.
Cupholdersplus bench seat armrest/cup holder, I bought this short style so I could still bring my automatic shift lever down to 1st gear if I needed. So much more comfortable having something to lean on while riding around.
My sniper tune is pretty good so I don't need to keep moving the monitor around so I finally mounted it under the dash, here I can see it easily and if I don't want to it folds back up into the bottom of the dash. Mostly all I look it now is if its learning and if the fans are off or on.
I replaced the old gray AC/heat vent balls with Chrome and black vents, still not planning to do AC until closer to spring.

And lastly my rear pinion seal is leaking, could have just replaced the seal but since I light up one tire anytime I'm making a turn from a stop I decided to install a posi.
Going with the Eaton Detroit Truetrac, new 3.73 yukon gears and while its apart swapping in ne axle bearings and seals as well as the diff rebuild kit.
Already put 500 miles on the new engine so I changed the oil and filter yesterday, submitted my data logs to my tuner so you can make adjustments to my tunes.
Realized that my butterfly's were not opening 100% and the throttle cable the last owner had installed was about 2' too long, so I replaced with the correct length cable and no I get 100% throttle.
Summer heat is almost here so I'm trying to hurry and get the truck finished so I'm not trying to install or replace parts over the summer.

Sometime over the summer I'm going to order an all chrome glove box door and figure out a way to make the center black to match the gauge bezel, the all black just seems too plain.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2024, 06:38 PM   #55
hdrolling

Finally did the chrome and black glove box door, matches much better than the solid black door to me and my OCD.

Halfway through my new posi and re-gear on the diff, everything is apart and cleaned. I have the new axle bearings and seals installed and seated the bearings on the Detroit truetrac, time for some measuring and seeing if using youtube as a guide to installing a new rear end is worth it.

Also I'm hoping I lucked out, someone on facebook was selling a new original style interior fuse block and wiring harness complete. Said it came with a project he bought and didn't need it, sold it for $300 shipped. Mine is old and been cut up and hacked up so many times I would love to replace it all inside.
If its a scam I used paypal and will get my money back, but when I look for these classic style fuse harnesses they are a lot more expensive for a plug and play complete interior harness. Fingers crossed.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2024, 04:45 PM   #56
hdrolling

Rear diff with posi and new gears is done, horrible storm outside so I'll wait for the test drive. Also replaced the rear disk pads while the wheels were off.

New interior wiring harness showed up, it looks brand new with every plug present. So glad it wasn't a scam and to me its a good deal for $300. Mine stock harness is a mess and its been worrying me with a vintage air system going in this fall.

I'm surprised the stock fuses even work as rusty as they are.
Attached Images