The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2021, 09:44 PM   #26
oldwagon

Re: found it finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
If it's been found, does that mean it's not lost any more?
oldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #27
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwagon View Post
If it's been found, does that mean it's not lost any more?
Give it a day or two
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #28
toms68cst

When I was a kid, my dad left a vise-grip clamped on a blade of a big 3-point pto-driven rototiller. We found it after a season of hard use, unharmed.

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #29
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I had a 79 toyota 4x4 that the starter bolts fell out of due to stripped threads. It all happened while I was out on the beach and I could not find the bolts anywhere. I had 2 pair of vise grips in the tool box that I put the starter back on with. I made it a mile down the beach heading back and truck shut off again. Had to walk several hundred feet to find the vise grips. WHen it fell off that time the positive post grounded out on my hydraulic clutch line causing it to blow a hole in it and leak all my fluid out. Clamped the starter back on, Found some wire ties and used them to secure the vise grips to the truck in case they fell off again. The sand was so dead I could not get the truck to start in 1st gear high range so I had to start in low range. Could not shift quick enough without the clutch to get 2nd gear so had to run 2 miles on the beach in 1st low range. Got back to the blacktop and figured I would hit Napa for some new line but they were closed on Sunday, so instead of riding 2 miles on the road with no clutch I drove it all the way home about 30 miles. Needless to say that was my 1st and last time on the beach with the truck. I did however run the vise grips for over a month
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #30
KShortell

HA!
Old 01-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #31
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I had a 79 toyota 4x4 that the starter bolts fell out of due to stripped threads. It all happened while I was out on the beach and I could not find the bolts anywhere. I had 2 pair of vise grips in the tool box that I put the starter back on with. I made it a mile down the beach heading back and truck shut off again. Had to walk several hundred feet to find the vise grips. WHen it fell off that time the positive post grounded out on my hydraulic clutch line causing it to blow a hole in it and leak all my fluid out. Clamped the starter back on, Found some wire ties and used them to secure the vise grips to the truck in case they fell off again. The sand was so dead I could not get the truck to start in 1st gear high range so I had to start in low range. Could not shift quick enough without the clutch to get 2nd gear so had to run 2 miles on the beach in 1st low range. Got back to the blacktop and figured I would hit Napa for some new line but they were closed on Sunday, so instead of riding 2 miles on the road with no clutch I drove it all the way home about 30 miles. Needless to say that was my 1st and last time on the beach with the truck. I did however run the vise grips for over a month
Clever road fix!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:05 PM   #32
Jrainman

6 years ago I lost my Milwaukee 18v cordless drill . looked for it high and low, garages ,attic , basement maybe I lent it out, After months of searching I broke down and purchased a new Milwaukee 18v drill/ impact combo ,

About a month ago I need to go on the roof of one of my garages ,And what do you know there she sat balancing perfectly on the roof peak for 5 GOD DAM years this is a metal roof and that soma***** sat there perfectly balanced throw countless Rain, wind ,Snow storms , I Slowly made my way over to that Soma***** grabbed her by her throat gave her a look and yes she looked like a weathered old truck in a field then I pulled the trigger and what do you know she spun up like I just grabbed her out of the case .
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM   #33
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrainman View Post
6 years ago I lost my Milwaukee 18v cordless drill . looked for it high and low, garages ,attic , basement maybe I lent it out, After months of searching I broke down and purchased a new Milwaukee 18v drill/ impact combo ,

About a month ago I need to go on the roof of one of my garages ,And what do you know there she sat balancing perfectly on the roof peak for 5 GOD DAM years this is a metal roof and that soma***** sat there perfectly balanced throw countless Rain, wind ,Snow storms , I Slowly made my way over to that Soma***** grabbed her by her throat gave her a look and yes she looked like a weathered old truck in a field then I pulled the trigger and what do you know she spun up like I just grabbed her out of the case .
Hah! A tool smarter than us people. It's evil....dig a hole and get rid of it......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:57 AM   #34
lil hoodlum

Quote:

That's incredible and funny at the same time.
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:41 AM   #35
ChevyRacefan

My truck has ate a few sockets, never to be found again.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #36
1976gmc20

Quote:

Apparently you hadn't looked quite high enough for it
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote