The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
70Firetruck

70 SWB X-Fire - AKA Wasting Time

Hello Folks, Figured Id introduce my self-truck. Just picked this truck up from a local CA gov auction to flip, but it has dragged me in to another project. I’ve built many other bagged projects and always wanted to build one of these trucks. Anyways, this was a paint truck from one of the local state run institutions in Sonoma County and was covered in house paint, but I still picked it up, because it was a SWB C10, I know my trucks. But after a little cleaning I started to notice the red paint under the awful airless paint job. I dug deeper and started to remove the house paint off of it and low and behold it was some sort of x-fire vehicle, before it was given to another CA agency.

Anyways, This one is gonna get porterbuilt, gm transports, interior freshen and that is it. Basically the Delmo treatment. I’m not changing the paint, because it has too much history. It is a 1970 with a SBC and a automatic, with a posi rear. All bonestock and original. Rust is typical for trucks in this area which consists of both rockers and a cab corner. Body is not to bad, the worst spot is the rear left corner of the bed.

So far I threw some bags on it to get it down and am making it roadworthy before the full teardown happens.(After my other project gets rolling)

This was the paint that it was covered with
70Firetruck is offline   Reply With Quote