The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
epon

1982 Front Turn Signal Parklight Wiring Help

I'm trying to pick up where PO quit and don't have front blinkers. Rears are going but the fronts, which I assume are in the park light housing in the bumper, are not there. The only wiring there are is for the side markers, low beam and high beam bulbs. I've confirmed low and high beams, side marker lights are all working and rear blinkers are working with all of those on.

Hoping someone can explain it like I'm 5 since I'm no copper thumb. I have 2 parklight bulbs and sockets on the way for the bumper housings and just need to know what color wires to tap in to. Worst case I suppose I could just tap the wires going to the rear blinkers before they leave the cab?

The parklight bulb in the bumper looks to be double filament, is there also a wire shared with the sidemarker lights?

Also hoping to confirm when the blinkers are on the only bulbs blinking is the one in the bumper?

TIA
epon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
epon

Re: 1982 Front Turn Signal Parklight Wiring Help

Went exploring with the trouble light and found my left and right blinkers wires. So after the sockets arrive I should be good. Also verified they flash with the hazzards on.
This is lighting the tallest filament only in the bulb. Unsure what the second filament is, please advise

According to this diagram http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com...schematic.html

The sidemarkers are only on with the blinkers in the bumper?

Not actually sure how the sidemarker and parklights are supposed to function when the blinkers are on in the 81-82 years and hoping someone can explain it.

TIA
epon is offline   Reply With Quote