The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
es67chevy

A/C Control Panel Lens Help Needed

I'm trying to find an A/C Control Panel lens that does not have the lettering engraved in it. Does anyone know who sells them? Basically, if it comes from Trim Parts or is drop shipped from Trim Parts, it will be engraved. I need the one that just has the letters painted on it. That way, I can polish them off. I have white face gauges with black letters. It defeats the purpose if the letters on the lens are white. So far, I have not been successful in locating the ones without the indented lettering. I even contacted Trim Parts and they said theirs are stamped with the lettering indented into it so they were unable to help me. I know someone else makes them out there that are not engraved because I had one. Unfortunately, I was a little aggressive with the Dremel and I polished a little too deep on the first one. Oops.

Anyone know of any vendors out there that make them without the letter engraved into them? Heck, a bonus would be to find one without the letters painted on it at all. Plus, there has to be a market for these as the white face gauge kits seem to be semi-popular. FYI, you can buy the A/C control white gauge kits from whitegauges.net.

1967 C10 SWB
383 Stroker/TH400
Brother's One Piece Power Windows
Shaved Doors, Markers, and Bumpers
4/6 Early Classic Drop
Rear Fuel Tank (49-52 Chevy Car Tank)
Surf Blue Paint

Bella Vista, AR (Arkansas for those that get the 'A' states mixed up)

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330869
es67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote