The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #26
DirtbagSean

Re: Side Money: 1984 SWB

Nothing too crazy for updates lately, just super fun maintenance stuff. The new compressor blew out the pressure relief valve in traffic, so I ordered in a replacement with AZ just to have the wrong housing on the back stopping the bracket from mounting. No other compressors in Arizona for replacement with AZ so I was able to luck out and go with another 4 seasons with O'riellys. Concerned with the comp issue I went ahead and overhauled the rest of the system, new lines, condensor, orifice tube, and attempted to get the Evap but it came in damaged so I passed on it. All said and done I went with a 2.8lb charge because honestly 3.1 seems excessive and I was sweating blowing this valve out again. So far, so good, blows as cold as before with the higher charge so I guess time will tell.

Shortly after that situation I had some low throttle bucking issues in traffic, so since I havent rebult a carb in 20 years and I havent seen the inside of this one, I figured why not. It didnt hurt that after pulling the model numbers off of my carb for the rebuild I realized I had another carb on the shelf in the box in the garage just in case things went horribly wrong for some reason.

Initial start went great with minimal tuning, but later that night it bucked again and seemed back up to old habits. Quick youtube video later and some air/fuel mix tuning and its a ton better, but this truck just doesnt like a cold start with AC on. So I'll keep chasing.
DirtbagSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #27
LT7A

I think your truck looks good with the white paint how it is now. And the color does seem to suit it. But as you said, being in the collision business, it's probably hard to leave it as is. Is white the original color for the truck? Sometimes taking it back to original can be cool.

Also, CB radios and CW McCall FTW! The 8-track is a great idea too. I have a Cobra CB that looks a lot like that Midland, and it will be going into my 4x4. Good work and updates.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 01:53 AM   #28
DirtbagSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I think your truck looks good with the white paint how it is now. And the color does seem to suit it. But as you said, being in the collision business, it's probably hard to leave it as is. Is white the original color for the truck? Sometimes taking it back to original can be cool.

Also, CB radios and CW McCall FTW! The 8-track is a great idea too. I have a Cobra CB that looks a lot like that Midland, and it will be going into my 4x4. Good work and updates.
Thanks for the compliments, i still need to make time to get the cb and the 8 track in, im at that point now but its just too damn hot for my driveway or in the shop to get it handled. White is a frontrunner and would be the easiest scenario for sure. Maybe just a simple stripe or something could satisfy my custom urges
Old 08-03-2019, 01:55 AM   #29
DirtbagSean

Pretty fun day today, a new grand cherokee alllllmost snuck past me as i was pulling away from the pump this afternoon.
Good News: i have another bumper and brackets I've been meaning to install.
Bad News: the front end seems swayed over a bit, hood doesnt close and gaps are a bit off. Hopefully a little love on the frame rack tomorrow will get it all sorted out.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #30
nlped

That sucks man! Good thing you have access to the right equipment!

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #31
SCOTI

Dang.... Hope things are ok as you start digging in.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:39 PM   #32
DirtbagSean

Thanks for the concern, a quick trip to a buddies place for some new brackets and back in business. The rh side is still swayed over a bit but its good enough to stay on the road until we have some free time at the shop to get up on the frame rack. Oddly enough the gaps are close to being just as bad as they were pre-accident, so its time to tear the front end completely down and start fresh once i can get it measured and pulled.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #33
DirtbagSean

decided it was time for a little wheel change up, after penny pinching and patiently missing deals a set of Cragar SS popped up on the local marketplace and I was able to snag them for a helluva deal. 15x7 -6 up front 15x7 -44 rear, been on a shelf the last 15 years and had both sets of caps. Dropped down to a 215/70 tire in hopes to save some rubbing issues and get my front inner fenders back on the truck.

Honestly, I'm still a little on the fence with the staggered fit, but maybe it will grow on me over time. Otherwise, I'll be back on the hunt

Old 10-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #34
daddyjeep

You could just throw on some spacers to even them out. The lip difference will still be there, but it might look better.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #35
DirtbagSean

I'm not a huge fan of spacers and think I'm good with the look for now. Problem 2 is that one of the front wheels had a shake in it when they balanced the new tires, so I think I'll hunt down another pair of 7s for the front somewhere in the middle of the weak and aggressive offsets.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #36
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

SEAN,
Finally saw your thread, nice looking truck! very similar state that mine was in when I picked mine up. Sorry to hear about the jeep run in. Nice snag of the cragars!!. On my end I hope to begin installing things instead of dis-assemble things... . Good project you have, keep up the build...
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #37
DirtbagSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
SEAN,
Finally saw your thread, nice looking truck! very similar state that mine was in when I picked mine up. Sorry to hear about the jeep run in. Nice snag of the cragars!!. On my end I hope to begin installing things instead of dis-assemble things... . Good project you have, keep up the build...
Thank you! I have a pile of parts to install one of these days and I still dont think I'll be in paint by the Git Down but it's been a fun ride anyway.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:16 PM   #38
DirtbagSean

made it to the Git Down! Still not in paint and still needs some love, but it made it.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #39
DirtbagSean

and of course my last minute stuff started rolling in after the show. Pretty pumped on these bed rails I scored of one of the facebook groups and got these shipped in from North Carolina. A little rough but it fits right in with the rest of the truck for now

Old 11-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #40
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

sean,
I also made it to Dino's show... man!! it has REALLY grown!! just a FYI I have some parts and stuff that I am not interested in... if you are interested please PM me & we can discuss further. (IE: fully assemble of factory A.C. rear aftermarket bumper... ETC)

give you an excuse to show the truck off...
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #41
DirtbagSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
sean,
I also made it to Dino's show... man!! it has REALLY grown!! just a FYI I have some parts and stuff that I am not interested in... if you are interested please PM me & we can discuss further. (IE: fully assemble of factory A.C. rear aftermarket bumper... ETC)

give you an excuse to show the truck off...
PM sent, definitely my last run that far to Dinos, I honestly dont think I would have made the trek this time, but I forgot to cancel my hotel reservation and didnt want to eat the cost.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:31 PM   #42
marcoman

Great stuff here, inspiring to someone who had several C10s and looking to "pickup" another in 2020. Any update for this tread?
marcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:31 PM   #43
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Looks good. Keep up the good work man

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:23 PM   #44
rusty76

I’m following. Kool truck.
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote