The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
ryans69chevy

Re: BBC Turbo 400 to LT4 T56

So jealous...

What t56 transmission did you get and from where?
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
Trackman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
So jealous...

What t56 transmission did you get and from where?
I purchased the trans from my local GM dealer. They offered to match the best price I could find on the web. It's the magnum with the close ratio.

Got the oil cooler mounted. It took some custom brackets as it was a tight fit. Plumbing was a breeze. These push lock fittings and hose are so easy to work with. I have a oil thermostat in line. It opens at 180. The fans are controlled by a thermo switch as well and they come on at 190.
Rummaged threw a bunch of rad hoses at the local parts store. Grabbed a couple and was able to get the lower hose figured out. It was the first one I grabbed! I thought I would try to carry on my luck by messing with the AC compressor and attempted to connect a couple fittings to the manifold but no dice. .....They hit the frame. I'll have to sleep on that problem.
Attached Images

Trackman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
ryans69chevy

You will have to tell us how you like driving that combo when you get it done! When are you hoping to have it ready for the road?

That's cool that your GM dealer did that for you. Do they do that a lot? I've never heard of that. I wouldn't imagine they get that much better pricing on them than we would unless they are a frequent shopper.

You need to post up some pics of your garage/shop! It looks like a nice place to be! I love the color of the floor!
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #4
Trackman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
You will have to tell us how you like driving that combo when you get it done! When are you hoping to have it ready for the road?

.......I'm from the great white north so I have time before it hits the road.

That's cool that your GM dealer did that for you. Do they do that a lot? I've never heard of that. I wouldn't imagine they get that much better pricing on them than we would unless they are a frequent shopper.

My Gm dealer knows me. I've purchased a few vehicles from them and he could tell I had done my home work on price. Ultimately I would have paid a bit more to stay local and have him support me.

You need to post up some pics of your garage/shop! It looks like a nice place to be! I love the color of the floor!
I am fortunate to have a bit of a mancave.

Got the brakes finished up.(by that I mean mounted) A bit of a glitch with the axle offset. Moser suggested the brake package to go with from Wilwood. I followed their instruction and purchased the Wilwood kit but the calipers didn't center up on the rotors. I got the wrong spacer from Wilwood or Moser messed up the offset. Option A was to pay for new spacers and shipping that cost more than the spacers or option B build shims. I went with B. The aluminum shim is pictured in the 1st pic. The 13" brakes still look a little small on a 20" wheel but the cost to upgrade to bigger just didn't make sense to me.
Attached Images

Last edited by Trackman101; 12-09-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Trackman101 is offline   Reply With Quote