The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #51
skyphix

Re: Dakota Digital HDX with the OBDII BIM module

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
I saw your original reply that I would have to add the wiring to the dash. I think because I rebuilt my own OEM harness, following LT1SWAP.com instructions, and used his wire maps on his website, I made sure I pinned that out and added the wire(if it wasn't already there). And maybe the 2003 6.0L PCM has the Oil sender provisions. However, this was a year ago so I may be a little hazy on the exact reference here, but doing my research, all these computers were usually the same blueprint with different tunes so I think with a change to PCM tune you can turn the oil sender feature on/off in all these models. Then if the harness didn't have the wire, you just add it.

Yeah, I was mistaken. 99-02 trucks I dont believe have provisions for oil pressure in the PCM but it can be added and enabled in the red/blue PCM's, but 03+ with the green/blue PCM's do. I am using an 06 PCM with a PSI harness in my swap, but I believe my engine has a pressure switch rather than sensor. I'm using a tablet + OBD2 reader for a dash, but the PID for Oil Pressure (22115c) with what I believe to be the right equation is only showing "0" or "1."

Your comment actually made me dig further into adding oil pressure to my tablet display, so thank you for following up!
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #52
TA_C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
I have been waiting 2 months for my RTX gauge set up, everything is on backorder! I will be using the OBDII BIM and the OBDII cruise control module. I hope it all works with a quality OBDII splitter (I bought the AMP research one that is supposed to be pass through). I "hope" it all works. A lot of money for a gauge cluster when you add in all the modules.
What PCM are you using? Are you DBW?

The splitter I bought doesn't work simultaneously, but I used it anyway, It still works better for me the way I mounted it all I have to do unplug the DD unit. What is your goal with the splitter?

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #53
Thealien

Quote:
What PCM are you using? Are you DBW?

The splitter I bought doesn't work simultaneously, but I used it anyway, It still works better for me the way I mounted it all I have to do unplug the DD unit. What is your goal with the splitter?
LS3 E67 I believe so yes DBW.

I have the OBDII BIM and an OBDII Cruise module so I have to use a splitter on at least those. I would like to be able to plug in a tuner or scan tool without removing the cable? I bought an AMP research true pass through splitter. I will do the BIM module for the gauges first. Once that is working I will add the cruise module and see if we can get that to work. If I can get both to work I mat add a second AMP research splitter and see if I can scan while everything is all plugged in?
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #54
TA_C10

I'm curious why do you need the cruise control bim? The PCM and TAC in my 2003 unit is just 4 wires to connect to stick on column and power/brake switch. Does your newer PCM/TAC setup not have that?

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #55
Thealien

Quote:
I'm curious why do you need the cruise control bim? The PCM and TAC in my 2003 unit is just 4 wires to connect to stick on column and power/brake switch. Does your newer PCM/TAC setup not have that?
If I remember correctly all the handle switches are opposite what the PCM needs normally open instead of closed or the other way around needing relays. I would have to change the brake switch (cheap and easy and I have one). I am paying labor due to injuries so If I can just plug in the handle and an OBDII cable and just 2 wires to the existing brake switch it will be easier in my situation. I will revisit this and post if it works or is problematic.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:16 PM   #56
Hart_Rod

Quote:
If I remember correctly all the handle switches are opposite what the PCM needs normally open instead of closed or the other way around needing relays. I would have to change the brake switch (cheap and easy and I have one). I am paying labor due to injuries so If I can just plug in the handle and an OBDII cable and just 2 wires to the existing brake switch it will be easier in my situation. I will revisit this and post if it works or is problematic.
How did the AMP splitter work out?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:44 PM   #57
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
How did the AMP splitter work out?
Still getting ready for paint so not enough run time to give an update. The gauges work with the splitter in place. I have the cruise control stalk on a not yet installed tilt column. Will not be able to test the cruise control in the splitter until final assembly.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:37 AM   #58
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Still getting ready for paint so not enough run time to give an update. The gauges work with the splitter in place. I have the cruise control stalk on a not yet installed tilt column. Will not be able to test the cruise control in the splitter until final assembly.
Updates?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote