The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2020, 03:07 AM   #26
Heydanl

Re: Need help with windshield frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spf79 View Post
I know the feeling abut trying to get stuff done over the weekend. This has been a project for me since 2016, slow and steady. Thanks for the compliments on the tub. When I saw the condition of the body, I was like - where's the title!!! Lol. Reach out on Friday if you have not heard from me. I'll make sure I get the measurements before loading up the body.

Have a good night!

You too.
Heydanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #27
hemi43

Do you have a windshield and gasket? If you don't want to install the glass in the truck, then put the windshield on a work bench and put the gasket around it. You can then measure the channel in the gasket to get the measurements you need. The window opening is not something you want to guess at. If it's too tight after paint, you will have a can of worms on your hands.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #28
Heydanl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
Do you have a windshield and gasket? If you don't want to install the glass in the truck, then put the windshield on a work bench and put the gasket around it. You can then measure the channel in the gasket to get the measurements you need. The window opening is not something you want to guess at. If it's too tight after paint, you will have a can of worms on your hands.
Good tip Hemi. I'll need to get a gasket, but that's easy. Thanks for your input.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:04 PM   #29
Spf79

Here are the measurements I took tonight. Used a milwaukee tape with the magnet on the end.

Pics are of the start point, and then the end point. I can take more.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #30
Spf79

One more pic.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 12:49 AM   #31
Heydanl

Quote:
Here are the measurements I took tonight. Used a milwaukee tape with the magnet on the end.

Pics are of the start point, and then the end point. I can take more.
You really are good, these are pretty much what your first high-wire act photos showed. Thank you a ton! Between you, ragged jim and Hemi43, I think I can move forward and weld this thing up without waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. I'm hoping I can ask you to take a few photos from various angles just so I have a visual reference as well. I'll take photos of the spots I'm looking for and post them tomorrow night. If you could take the same shots on your WS frame, I would owe you my second born. You've already got dibs on the first
Old 11-07-2020, 12:59 AM   #32
Spf79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heydanl View Post
You really are good, these are pretty much what your first high-wire act photos showed. Thank you a ton! Between you, ragged jim and Hemi43, I think I can move forward and weld this thing up without waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. I'm hoping I can ask you to take a few photos from various angles just so I have a visual reference as well. I'll take photos of the spots I'm looking for and post them tomorrow night. If you could take the same shots on your WS frame, I would owe you my second born. You've already got dibs on the first
Excellent, I'm glad this was helpful for you!!
I"ll take some pictures in the AM, from all kinds of angles. I'm dropping it back off to the painter in the AM so no pics for another week or two.

Here is a pic I got off of the forum that was helpful when I was doing my rockers, it might be helpful when checking alignments.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 01:09 AM   #33
Heydanl

Quote:
I"ll take some pictures in the AM, from all kinds of angles. I'm dropping it back off to the painter in the AM so no pics for another week or two.

Here is a pic I got off of the forum that was helpful when I was doing my rockers, it might be helpful when checking alignments.
That's interesting. That's the same photo I used to set my A pillar location. I wish someone, maybe you because your tub is sooo clean, would reproduce this photo and actually show the spot where the top arrow ends up on the upper A pillar. Does your tub have all the same measurements as shown in that photo?
Old 11-07-2020, 01:13 AM   #34
Spf79

Quote:
That's interesting. That's the same photo I used to set my A pillar location. I wish someone, maybe you because your tub is sooo clean, would reproduce this photo and actually show the spot where the top arrow ends up on the upper A pillar. Does your tub have all the same measurements as shown in that photo?
Yes sir, I'm dead on with those measurements and my doors fit perfect. Once I transfer it from the makeshift rotisserie frame to my rolling chassis, I assume I may have to add an extra washer on the mid or forward body mount if the doors fit funny. Fingers crossed it is easy.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:28 PM   #35
7D2N

I replaced my windshield header with a repo part a while ago and well braced. The measurements are like or very close to Spf79.
7D2N
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #36
Heydanl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7D2N View Post
I replaced my windshield header with a repo part a while ago and well braced. The measurements are like or very close to Spf79.
7D2N
Thank you! It looks like everybody is in the same ballpark. I'm using repro everything: header, A pillars and they aren't quite fitting together like the factory ones (big surprise), so I'm having to do a bit of surgery, but at least now I know the dimensions I need to maintain. Many thanks to all.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:40 AM   #37
Heydanl

Quote:

Pestering again. Did you get a chance to take those photos? Having a visual reference would help a ton. That top-of-the-a pillar area is what I need, from a few angles. If it's already off to the paint shop, then no sweat, I'll muddle through. If you got them and it would be easier to email them to me, let me know and I'll PM you my address. Thanks much in advance.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:48 AM   #38
Spf79

Quote:
Pestering again. Did you get a chance to take those photos? Having a visual reference would help a ton. That top-of-the-a pillar area is what I need, from a few angles. If it's already off to the paint shop, then no sweat, I'll muddle through. If you got them and it would be easier to email them to me, let me know and I'll PM you my address. Thanks much in advance.
No worries, it is at the shop, but I need to go down there tomorrow. I overslept and was late getting it down there on Saturday, I forgot to take the pics in my haste. I'll get pics tomorrow. You can pm me your e-mail if you like, but I have no problem posting it here on the forum - it is no problem either way.

Talk at you tomorrow.
Give me a list of pics you want.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #39
Heydanl

Quote:
No worries, it is at the shop, but I need to go down there tomorrow. I overslept and was late getting it down there on Saturday, I forgot to take the pics in my haste. I'll get pics tomorrow. You can pm me your e-mail if you like, but I have no problem posting it here on the forum - it is no problem either way.

Talk at you tomorrow.
Give me a list of pics you want.
I'll take sample shots that you can copy, if you still have access to your truck, that is. Thanks again.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:21 PM   #40
Spf79

Quote:
I'll take sample shots that you can copy, if you still have access to your truck, that is. Thanks again.
Yeah, let me know what you are looking for and I can help.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:45 PM   #41
Heydanl

Quote:
Ok, here we go...
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #42
Heydanl

Thumbs up Re: Need help with windshield frame

Quote:
Hey Spf, hope you had a good weekend. Now I feel like I'm moving from pestering into outright nagging, but I'll ask one more time and then leave you be. Any chance of getting those photos soon-ish? I posted the shots I'm looking for in the thread above. They'd help a lot. Anyways, thanks for all you've done.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:21 PM   #43
Spf79

Quote:
Hey Spf, hope you had a good weekend. Now I feel like I'm moving from pestering into outright nagging, but I'll ask one more time and then leave you be. Any chance of getting those photos soon-ish? I posted the shots I'm looking for in the thread above. They'd help a lot. Anyways, thanks for all you've done.
Sorry for the slow reply, work has been killing me. Here are the pics. I pick it up from paint on Friday, so hopefully by next week I will have it home and be able to get you any pics or measurements at my leisure.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2020, 02:42 AM   #44
Heydanl

Thumbs up Re: Need help with windshield frame

Quote:
Sorry for the slow reply, work has been killing me. Here are the pics. I pick it up from paint on Friday, so hopefully by next week I will have it home and be able to get you any pics or measurements at my leisure.
Thank you much, these should be a big help. I'm going to thrash away in the shop this weekend and see what I can get done, but I won't promise I'm not going to need a bit more input. Hope your work settles down enough to catch your breath.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:55 AM   #45
Spf79

Quote:
Thank you much, these should be a big help. I'm going to thrash away in the shop this weekend and see what I can get done, but I won't promise I'm not going to need a bit more input. Hope your work settles down enough to catch your breath.
How is the project coming along?
Old 12-07-2020, 01:37 AM   #46
Heydanl

Quote:
How is the project coming along?
It might come along fine if I could get any time to work on it. Between work, elderly parents, work, kids, life and work, I'm lucky if I get half a day a week. Last three weeks: zero. When I started this project I thought a year, tops. That was three and a half years ago. At this rate, I'm staring a decade in the face. How's yours?
Old 12-07-2020, 01:47 AM   #47
Spf79

Quote:
It might come along fine if I could get any time to work on it. Between work, elderly parents, work, kids, life and work, I'm lucky if I get half a day a week. Last three weeks: zero. When I started this project I thought a year, tops. That was three and a half years ago. At this rate, I'm staring a decade in the face. How's yours?
Well, I get it...
I'm only missing the elderly parents part, but I have three dogs that don't get along.

I remember I told my wife that we would just do a quick once over on it... in 2016. Lol. I got a few hours in today, feels like I won a small battle.

Hang in there, I look forward to seeing that window frame put together!!