The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #1
71gmcC15

FINALLY got Old Green after 20 years.

My dad bought old green in 2001. It was an old construction pickup. It did not run vary whell. So like a reasonable person he put a big cam an intake and carb on it and it was the fast. You know 4 year old me thought it was. It stayed like that for a long time it. Then my oldest brother started driving it to hi school. He would win drags against gtps and it would also jump log piles. We would use it to get cows and horses back it going 70 throw fields and swaps. I leanded to drive manual in it to.Then it blow up. It sat for 3 years. Then we moved off the farm and into town. My dad had a 02 chevy at the time but decided a house was better then a pickup and let the 02 go. So like normal people do he hot a crate 350 and put a mild cam in it and reused the intake and carb. But also added long tube headers. Me my brother and dad happily voided the warranty on that new crate engine. Later in life dad sold old green to my older brother he used it for quiet a while. I kept after him about trading my tahoe for old green straight across. Whell the day finally happed. I was driving it home for him and a u joint whent out and exploded the transfer case. I asked him again. He said yes. 2 days later I had old green back up and running with a fresh trasfer case form the junkyard out of a k20. Mine you this is 3 days ago. So after 20 years I finally got old green and I we still all just learned something about it. The drive shaft is k20 on the front and k10 in the back. I know this was alot but the pickup as it sits now is vary rusty and any normal person would of parked it after the t case exploded. But I've wanted that thing for so long I had to fix it.
Attached Images

04 chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab 5.3 4l60e.
81 chevy Scottsdale k10 muncie sm465 Np208 10 bolt 8.2 ( Old Green)
71gmcC15 is offline   Reply With Quote