The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #51
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Re: License Plate Restore

BTW, everyone commenting on a 7 year bump needs to shush. At least he searched!!!
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #52
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Too true Chris...

I'm kind of glad this got brought back up as I'm looking for a nice clean set of '69 MO plates for my truck. Now I won't have to search for this thread.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #53
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

I have a year correct vintage plate on my '67 stepper. However, I was only able to find one, not two so I am planning on having a repop plate made for the front bumper. I will post pics once it is made.

Arizona does not require front and rear plates like alot of states do so I don't think it will be an issue. Besides as long as the colors are year/plate correct and the numbers match the front and back and also what's in your DMV file, I cannot imagine why a cop would even care. I'm going to print it on reflective white vinyl shaded to match my "dingy" looking white plate. You only need current tags on the rear plate so I don't even need to tag the front plate.

Kinda like the don't tell and we won't ask policy... or something like that.

Don

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo

Last edited by Richard8971; 04-26-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #54
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
BTW, everyone commenting on a 7 year bump needs to shush. At least he searched!!!
Exactly!

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #55
oldspowered67C10

In case anyone still cares heres the scoop on the Ca YOM(year of manufacture) plate program. You can reassign plates to youre vehicle, but they have to be the correct year type(color, black/yellow etc.), correct character type(car for a car, truck for a truck), has to be a pair(just one wont work), have to have the correct year tag(you can buy these online), have to be legible, and they have to be clear(not assigned to a vehicle or out of the system). Currently the newest plate you can do it on(as far as I know) are the black/yellows.
If your vehicle already has the ones you want assigned to it but theyre in bad shape, just restore them, luckily the old plates are steel. If yours has modern plates and you want the old black/yellow plates find some(Ive gotten them at the Pomona swap meet in past)use the YOM program and have them assigned to your vehicle. Be warned, the typical DMV clerk isnt usually aware of the program so youre better off printing the form online and bringing it in to the DMV. Ive done it in the past and its as long as you have all your bases covered its easy. Also, it may not matter but I usually bring the plates in to do the transfer(the DMV will need your old plates and need to see the new ones) before I restore them.
oldspowered67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #56
Achevytruck
Account Suspended

Good info , not trying to high jack this post but what states stop having the old plates in the back of the old trucks/cars and what would a 1967 AR,KY,TN look like
Achevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #57
oldwagon

C-10 King, does your wife still do license plate restoration?
oldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #58
skorpioskorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspowered67C10 View Post
In case anyone still cares heres the scoop on the Ca YOM(year of manufacture) plate program. You can reassign plates to youre vehicle, but they have to be the correct year type(color, black/yellow etc.), correct character type(car for a car, truck for a truck), has to be a pair(just one wont work), have to have the correct year tag(you can buy these online), have to be legible, and they have to be clear(not assigned to a vehicle or out of the system). Currently the newest plate you can do it on(as far as I know) are the black/yellows.
If your vehicle already has the ones you want assigned to it but theyre in bad shape, just restore them, luckily the old plates are steel. If yours has modern plates and you want the old black/yellow plates find some(Ive gotten them at the Pomona swap meet in past)use the YOM program and have them assigned to your vehicle. Be warned, the typical DMV clerk isnt usually aware of the program so youre better off printing the form online and bringing it in to the DMV. Ive done it in the past and its as long as you have all your bases covered its easy. Also, it may not matter but I usually bring the plates in to do the transfer(the DMV will need your old plates and need to see the new ones) before I restore them.
Actually, I believe it's cars and motorcycles through 1969 and trucks through 1972, where the later truck plates would be yellow on blue and aluminum.

I had an original issue '72 motorcycle plate done by tagdr http://tagdr.com/ he did a great job. Another thing to note is that white background plates are reflective and restoring them without retaining the reflective background will probably get you a ticket, so be careful there.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote