The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
montana70

stereo and speakers

Hello I'm new to this site,but wow this place is like finding gold. There is so much info here I won't have to be screwing around looking anywhere else. So I read a bunch of threads on how you guys are putting your speakers under the seat, how in the heck are you pulling this off and what size speakers are you sticking under there. Also if you could tell me a good amp to stick in that would be great. At this time I have some cheap speaker in my truck and the sound terrible, any ideas would be great, also I would like to not have to cut holes in my doors unless I really have to. Thanks Scott
montana70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
jsbgump
Gone Fishing

Re: stereo and speakers

Welcome to the board
Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3483616
jsbgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
jimmydean

I'm not a big fan of speakers under the seat, but I'm sort of old school like that. I have too much crap under there anyway.

I will install a Blazer tank and do a rack behind the seat. I am also running Nakamichi amps for the sound quality.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
Chevyman680063

I had a stereo system in my 68 that was awesome. The speakers were mounted in the bottom of the doors, the CD player was mounted in the stock location, the amp was mounted under the seat on the driver's side, and the sub was mounted under the seat on the passenger's side. The amp was an Alpine Flex 2 that put out a lot of power but doesn't take up a lot of space. I doubt they still make that amp though because that was installed back in 99. The speakers were also Alpine, the CD player was a Clarion, and the sub was a JL audio. The sub was only an 8 inch but you couldn't tell by how much bass it was putting out.

Last edited by Chevyman680063; 09-14-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
QKENUF4U

i have small speaker boxes from CHECKERS behind the seats (blazer tank so lots of room) made my own kick panels with speakers (speakers sit in the vent holes) and put a 6" speaker up under dash where the stock speakers would have been. KENWOOD stereo, no amps and this things sounds AWESOME !!! (best sounding system ive ever heard in a truck that was not competition)
if ya check over on the parts board i have an amp for sale (you name the price and pay a few bucks shipping and its yours)
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

I have a 6X9 box with Infinity Kappa 693.7i's in them under each side of the seat. These are powered by an Alphasonik 2 Channel Amp. They sound great! The mid's and high's on them are outstanding, and they have bass like you couldn't believe.

I am waiting to put in my front speakers which will be some Infinity Reference 6-1/2's. I am going to try and get them in the kick panel with little modification and in a qay that everyone can do easily, because this seems to be a major dilemma.

All this is coming off of a Pioneer head unit mounted in the factory A/C control opening. (My A/C controls are in the radio opening, my dash is uncut...)

Oh, and welcome to your favorite website.

Last edited by Orange; 09-14-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote