The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #51
dougo

Re: got my steelies on - b4 & after pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsdad View Post
Thanks Longhorn. I saw that post and started googling but couldn't find the size he had. I want steelies as wide as his.
You've got a nice burb, the steel wheels would look nice. Like I mentioned in an earlier post - I started networking locally, one of my car buddies had a couple and he led me to another guy who had 2. I was fortunate to find them locally. Hopefully you locate a set when you're ready to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66crewcab View Post
J have a complete set of 16.5x9.75 8 lugs if anyone is looking! I have the GMC burb on E-bay right now!!!
Nice burb on ebay... you don't see many 4x4 GMCs. And, you don't see ANY with the GMC emblem on the rear door. Hopefully it goes for BIG BUCKS! How much you looking to get for the steel wheels?

-doug
Old 05-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #52
taank
Account Suspended

Not to be the odd duck but the aluminums looked better IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
taank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #53
66crewcab

Hey Doug...thanks...I have 7 rims total 4 look new and powdercoated 1 matching spare that needs painted and 2 that don't have a lipp that holds a center cap? I also have 4 GMC caps that r newer 80's stuff (not the cool stuff u have) the only issue would be shipping to the left coast??? I'm trying to get another k5 that I'll switch to 1ton axles so I may hang onto them? I just can't find many tires!
66crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #54
dougo

Quote:
Hey Doug...thanks...I have 7 rims total 4 look new and powdercoated 1 matching spare that needs painted and 2 that don't have a lipp that holds a center cap? I also have 4 GMC caps that r newer 80's stuff (not the cool stuff u have) the only issue would be shipping to the left coast??? I'm trying to get another k5 that I'll switch to 1ton axles so I may hang onto them? I just can't find many tires!
Tires are getting harder and harder to find. Im cautiously optimistic they will continue.to make a decent offroad tire in this size. Wish you were closer, I'd hit you up for some wheels! I cannot imagine what shipping would cost....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #55
66crewcab

Doug...I'm in the tire business and I tried to get some 35's or some 37"s !!! That's y I have 36's on 18x10 Mickey's on it!I checked with my suppliers and they say 16.5's have a grim future!!!
66crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #56
dougo

Quote:
Doug...I'm in the tire business and I tried to get some 35's or some 37"s !!! That's y I have 36's on 18x10 Mickey's on it!I checked with my suppliers and they say 16.5's have a grim future!!!
Say it aint so! I hope not... when I looked for my 33s I wanted muds. Could not find them, had to settle for the All Terrians and they were not easy to find. I put about 3000 miles a year on the burb, so I figure I can get some years out of them as long as they don't crack off.

I love the deep dish steel look... and the offset on my wheels are good. Oh well, time will tell. If I can get into another deep dish steel in a 16 inch, or 17 inch and throw a mud, or A/T - I'll be happy. I may have to have some made...

Maybe Coker Tire will decide to get into the 16.5 off road tire market (doubt it).
Old 05-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #57
rjsdad

Thanks Dougo for the compliment! Yeah, gloss black on the steel wheels would look awesome. I do wish they weren't half sizes. Your burb looks fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device
rjsdad is offline   Reply With Quote