The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
jolobo64

Weatherstripping for door not cab 64 c10

Curious, all of my weather stripping is pretty solid and I notice there is weather stripping that goes in the cab around the area of the door. My question is, has anyone every put any weatherstripping around the actual door with positive results? I see that for 47-61 they actually have one that goes around the door and from what I have been told the 64 or similar models does not have anything from the factory for that. My doors are straight and lined up but that little noisy air on the highway drives me a lil cookoo! I am hoping to reduce some of the wind noise and get a better insulated ride to keep ac cooler. If so please advise what did you use
jolobo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
forestb

Re: Weatherstripping for door not cab 64 c10

Some trucks (I am not sure what specific years) have a strip of weather stripping that goes along the top of the door but I think that is more for rain than wind noise. That is the only thing that I have seen for our trucks.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote