The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2018, 04:38 AM   #1
RustyPile

Newbie Old Guy

I've been lurking on this site for a while, so it's probably time for me to introduce myself.. I'm a retired auto mechanic, having worked in the field for over 30 years. I've been retired since before the turn of this century. Over the years I've owned numerous light duty trucks -- used them mostly to tow my "toys" to the race tracks.. My current "site friendly" truck is a '71 short wide Chevy c/10 Cheyenne Super.. It's been "shaved" and lowered slightly.. BBC 454/350 power train.. I've lusted after this particular truck for about 7 years and just recently, convinced the owner to sell it to me.. It needs a little work but nothing serious.. I hope to pick up some pointers and perhaps impart a few tips of my own..
Attached Images

RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
1968aj

Re: Newbie Old Guy

nice truck. good to have someone with your experience on here.
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
RustyPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968aj View Post
nice truck. good to have someone with your experience on here.
Thanks 1968aj.. I'm originally from just down the road from you, Beaumont.. Been to Houston more times than I can count. I moved up here a few years ago. I hope Harvey wasn't too rough on you..
Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
1968aj

got lucky with Harvey. water came right up to front door then rain stopped. was in Beaumont the other day looking at a 72 Cheyenne super that was too rusty for me.i am a retired truck driver and worked on a lot of old vehicles but I learn a lot from this forum. keep us posted on your progress.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
RustyPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968aj View Post
got lucky with Harvey. water came right up to front door then rain stopped. was in Beaumont the other day looking at a 72 Cheyenne super that was too rusty for me.i am a retired truck driver and worked on a lot of old vehicles but I learn a lot from this forum. keep us posted on your progress.
I have friends and family in Beaumont whose homes were ruined by that hurricane..

I was born and raised in Beaumont, lived there until 20012.. On the Texas coast, vehicles rust almost as bad as they do in the northern states.. High humidity and salty air reek havoc on old steel.. If you're really interested, you might consider "shopping" a couple hundred miles north.. We have some nice originals up here..
Old 01-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
1968aj

I have bought old trucks from Houston to Lubbock and all points in between. I need to get out to Arizona and new mexico. still can find some good dry rucks out that way.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
1968aj

I have bought old trucks from Houston to Lubbock and all points in between. I need to get out to Arizona and new mexico. still can find some good solid trucks out that way.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:08 AM   #8
SuperC10Tex

Welcome from West Texas!!!!

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows"
SuperC10Tex is offline   Reply With Quote