The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
68Cervd

Transmission Issues

I am having issues with what I believe to be a Th350 in my 71 it wont shift out of first or any other gear automatically only manually and it also stalls out when i put it into gear whether it is reverse or any of the forward gears. I need help with symptoms i am told the shift actuator or governer may have applecored or it may possibly be a vacuum line.
68Cervd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Transmission Issues

If the transmission oil pan looks like a square with a corner cut out, it is a 350. That is, if it is the original transmission. The vacuum modulator is on the passenger's side. Make sure for starters that both ends are connected- at the trans and at the intake manifold. It is likely that you have a bad vacuum leak This can give those symptoms. Then, pull the vacuum line off the modulator and see if and trans fluid drips out. If so, the modulator is toast and should be replaced.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
El Dorado Jim

Re: Transmission Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
If the transmission oil pan looks like a square with a corner cut out, it is a 350. That is, if it is the original transmission. The vacuum modulator is on the passenger's side. Make sure for starters that both ends are connected- at the trans and at the intake manifold. It is likely that you have a bad vacuum leak This can give those symptoms. Then, pull the vacuum line off the modulator and see if and trans fluid drips out. If so, the modulator is toast and should be replaced.
x2
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote