The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
54blackhornet

Push Trucks

Thought this was appropriate to share but seems the moderator thinks differently.. I grew up close to Big Daddy’s shop so was drawn to the details on display. Those toppers were quite popular for camping in Florida.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Push Trucks

Just curious where on the board did you share this and have a mod say its off base? Vintage picture thread? I just cant see it being a problem. This is a couple now that you have mentioned this.

Dragster is reminiscent of the old Freight Train, cool pic
Old 04-07-2023, 07:32 PM   #3
truckster

Those were the days when the drive to be the fastest meant people would try almost anything. They were some fun times.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:47 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Just curious where on the board did you share this and have a mod say its off base? Vintage picture thread? I just cant see it being a problem. This is a couple now that you have mentioned this.

Dragster is reminiscent of the old Freight Train, cool pic
This first post is fine, the topic fits, 67-72 GM push trucks, right? I'll make a W.A.G. since this is the first this thread has shown up on the board anywhere, I'm the first mod to respond, and I am familiar with what I believe 54black hornet's last post was which perhaps he is actually talking about. Was it this one you posted in 67-72 Trucks?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=843400
I'm the one who moved that thread to General Discussion. The only thing inappropriate was where you posted it. Beginning with your title, "1970s Nostalgia In The Jungle", it's not about 67-72 trucks. It's about a picture of Jungle Pam standing in front of Jungle Jim's hauler showing the better half of his 71/72 race car hauler front fender behind her. It was proven to not be about the truck itself by the context of the posts. Just not enough about these trucks to be sitting in this area. It's not gone, not deemed inappropriate. It's just moved to where it belongs so topics specific to these trucks get their chance to be seen. If in the future you have any questions or comments that require a staff member's attention, we all have PM boxes available, same as everyone else. It's a lot more classy to send a PM than to post left handed comments in a thread.

You've touched on a favorite topic of mine, push trucks. Support trucks are one of the things that attracted me to cool trucks
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-08-2023 at 07:04 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 08:06 PM   #5
54blackhornet

Referring to the photos I have posted only to find them moved somewhere ? This happened to this one. I do make sure they are on the topic of our pickups…it’s all good though, I just like sharing photos from the past. Incredible things happen and a lot of the younger folks on our site know little of it. Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2023, 08:08 PM   #6
54blackhornet

Ok I see you still feel it’s not appropriate for the area so I won’t bother any longer.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:13 PM   #7
HO455
Post Whore

Hers's one that lives at Sunset Speedway in Banks Oregon.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:27 PM   #8
jumpsoffrock

Yet again I find myself just asking to be banned....

....but on another website that supports mid 50's "F" trucks, there's a vintage pics thread that seems to have about a billion really cool 1950-60's era pictures of "F" trucks pushing at drags or at Salt flats.
Really cool; most have super cool period paint jobs or wheels and are lowered.

It's just hard to imagine those trucks being only a few years old, low mileage, no rust, original interiors and drivetrains.

Hard to imagine those old underpowered regular-cab trucks hauling a dragster and three dudes for 12 hours going 45 mph on some lonely 2 lane blacktop, which today is probably a 4-6 lane freeway with a bunch of overpriced turbo diesel mall-crawlers doing 85mph in air conditioning.

lol ok I'm done.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:34 PM   #9
68bowtie

Seems like most of the time posts are moved the original link stays there for a while, with a note where it was moved to. That’s a pretty nice little paper trail and seems to prevent misunderstandings. Not sure if that was the done with these or not, perhaps was the issue.

Let’s see some more pics, these are good.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 01:33 AM   #10
jumpsoffrock

jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 07:25 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

I don't know anything about that picture in Post#5 being moved. When did that happen? the post I was talking about is in General Discussion and, as 68Bowtie pointed out, there is a redirect where you posted it on the 67-72 board that links to where it is now. It should be on the 3rd page by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
Ok I see you still feel it’s not appropriate for the area so I won’t bother any longer.
HUH? You are seeing what you want to see. Please at least be more specific. What is "it", the picture of Pam in front of the fender? It's not inappropriate mixed in with other 67-72 truck content. We're not that particular around here. If you had posted more car haulers or not named the thread after the picture you showed I wouldn't have moved it. I have plenty of pictures of push trucks that aren't 67-72 GM Trucks, but I would only show those if this thread was in General Discussion, since this forum is about 67-72 GM Truck specific topics.

Let's just post pictures of 67-72 push trucks (or haulers) here and any conversation or questions you have on what is or isn't allowed, what is appropriate, etc you can PM me about. Ok?
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-08-2023 at 11:06 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote