The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
sgtusmc

Freaken steele rubber!!!!

A while back I bought all my rubber via LMC. All fit good, The door seals looked a little large but I installed them anyways. I've been having some trouble with the doors. I'd have to slam the doors to get them to close all the way. It just started getting annoying. I decided to try steele rubber. I asked for a sample. Once I got it I could see it would be a better fit. I called them up and spoke to a woman who took my order. I explained to her I had all ready installed LMC's rubber and theirs looked to be a better quality. I asked to buy 30 feet of it since all I needed was the doors. She told me that I might want the door kit because with the door kit, the door seals are molded to fit the doors. She went on to tell me that it had the angled bends at the top as well as the bottom. That it is in the shape of the door (made sense to me if I wanted a great fit). I asked her is it the same stuff as the sample they sent me. Her answer was yes (and it was). I then asked her is it the same stuff as if I bought it by the foot. She said yes, but It will not be molded to fit. It will only be a long strip. I asked her what else was in the kit. She said it's a three piece kit (two door seals along with a lower seal at the bottom of the door). Now, when I placed my order I did not have access to a comp so I had no real clue what she was talking about. The seal I got from LMC was just a long seal that wrapped around the whole door and met on the bottom (so I thought wow 3 pieces...this is going to be great). I asked her a few times if one of the seals was a windlace trim/seal that mounted to the cab. She always came back with, all seals mount to the door, it's a door seal kit. Well UPS just dropped my kit off and low and behold I got two long straight door seal one for each side (no freaken molds) and some f@cken windlace/cab seals. There was a door bottom strip that LMC did not include in their kit (which I will use). I'm sorry to rant guy's, but this woman lied to me and fed me a soup sandwich. The only thing I hate more than a thief is a liar. At least with a thief they can give you your trash back. The only reason I don't feel bad in calling her a liar is she told me she had sold many of these kits and seen them first hand and indeed they were molded to fit the doors. I tried to call them once I opened the box, but they were closed. I can't wait to let loose on them in the morning.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=sgtusmc
U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.
sgtusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
b00sted

Re: Freaken steele rubber!!!!

WOW... Keep us informed on the outcome of this.. As I am getting into my rebuild I to will be looking for these parts...
Old 03-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
sgtusmc

I just got off the phone with them. I talked to the manager and explained what happened. He informed me that they've had problems with that employee and there going to start paper work on her because of this. He put me on hold so I could explaine what had happened to his boss. While I was on hold I started thinking about hard times and job layoffs. When the guy got back on the phone I changed my story up and told him It was more my fault than hers. I told them that I was wrong, That what they sent me was what she said they would have sent. I was just confused about the seals. I will not bash the quality of their rubber it looks very good. If you happen to order from them just note that it's not molded (I don't think anyone make molded seals for our doors) it's going to be a long seal like everyone else sells (just better). I've compared the windlace with LMC's and it looks to be about the same. The door seals from Steele Rubber look/feel better then LMC. Sorry to have *****ed and moaned like a little girl. I guess I'll put my skirt back on, wash some dishes and watch some soap operas!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=sgtusmc
U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.
sgtusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
b00sted

thank you.. I have learned something about seals and what a thoughtfull person you are... A true credit to the human race.. And now a days that is saying alot.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Skirkpat

Thumbs up Re: Freaken steele rubber!!!!

Some battles are not worth winning, You are a stand up guy, sorry she sucks at her job, but I like you could not live with myself if I knew I got a person fired in this economy, your understanding will pay for itself many times over in the long run, probably when you least expect it!!
Skirkpat is offline   Reply With Quote