The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
ORNG71K5

71 k5 blazer build

hey guys, new to the site. just bought myself a 71 k5 blazer a few weeks ago. im 15 and ive lived in atlanta GA my whole life. my dad has a yet to be restored 72 c20 but other than i probably havent seen more than 4 other first generation blazers in my life. i used to want a first gen bronco but that changed while on my way back from the beach when i saw a topless red first gen k5 blazer. i didnt know what it was but i was absolutely in love. the moment i got back, i got on craigslist in search of my dream car. after a year and a half search with no luck i finally found the one in naples FL. I called my dad and he got the price down to 5500 and we bought it sight unseen 2 days later. almost couldnt send the check fast enough. a week or so later my dad flew down to naples and drove all the way back up to atlanta. he had just arrived at 12 am on a school night, i looked out my window and there he was revving my orange blazer, probably one of the happiest moments of my life.

anyways this will be no off frame resto or anything like that mainly because i want to get it to the condition of a decent daily driver by the time i get my license at the beginning of May, then start replacing or fixing things one by one if necessary/desired. Im already a little behind but Im making decent progress, i should have started this thread a while ago but i will post pictures in order.

to start here are some pictures taken by the previous owner:
Attached Images

ORNG71K5 is offline   Reply With Quote