The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Nolowrider

Time to vent about Centerline wheels

Ok. The time has come to vent about Centerline. I have waited and waited, but now I am ticked off.

I ordered a set of rims through Summit (not their fault) the first week of October. Initial details said it would take 4-6 weeks. Nothing fancy about the rims, (15x10, 15-8.5) just run of the mill rims.

So, I call the last part of November and the guy (won't put his name out here) tells me that they are to be shipped next week. I wait and wait no rims. Call today and they tell me that the 15x8.5 rims are on back order till January. ON BACK ORDER, Don't you guys make the rims? How can they be on back order? Errrrrrrrrrr

Truck is up on jack stands waiting to get the rims so I can do the mini tub. Already did the rear flip kit and c-notch. Because of the offset on my old rims I can't put them back on to drive it with the flip kit. So just have to wait, I guess.

I am not bashing Centerline rims as a whole. I know that they are great rims with a good reputation, it is just taking too long.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
redneckgirl

Re: Time to vent about Centerline wheels

That stinks....I agree that the wheels are good...I've had a set or two of Centerlines....

But it definately sounds like poor customer service....
Old 12-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
OARNGESI

Shouldnt your problem be with summit not centerline
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
Nolowrider

I just don't feel that Summit is responsible because when I ordered them Summit stated that they would be drop shipped from Centerline. I can't see where Summit can control how fast (or not fast) Centerline makes them. I am sure that if I complain to Summit they would unerstand, but I am not going to do that. Summit is good company and have always been good to me.

Thanks for your reply, oarngesi.

Last edited by Nolowrider; 12-21-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolowrider View Post
I just don't feel that Summit is responsible because when I ordered them Summit stated that they would be drop shipped from Centerline. I can't see where Summit can control how fast (or not fast) Centerline makes them. I am sure that if I complain to Summit they would unerstand, but I am not going to do that. Summit is good company and have always been good to me.

Thanks for your reply, oarngesi.
Thats ridiculous. Its not centerlines fault. Its summits fault. Why didnt you just order from centerline, thats what i did. Super easy.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote