The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
NLR

BEST ifs-frontclip for a 1949 3100 pu

Who makes the BEST ifs-frontclip for a 1949 3100 pu. Thats going to be a daily driver, and what rear axle to use ? I am going to ride a tpi 350 and a 700 transm. The swede

Last edited by N2TRUX; 01-08-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: DO NOT EDIT THIS POST
NLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
bobinbc

Re: front and rear "axle"

Hi Swede
Welcome to the forum from Canada!

I vote for the Scott's IFS as well, I think it's the best I've seen. I don't like mustang 2 kits on these trucks but some people do. For the rear axle I prefer early 70's Nova up to 1979 or 70-81 Camaro/Firebird which are a little bit wider. These are 8.5" ring gear which is quite strong and quite common (cheap)

Can you post some pictures of your truck?

Bob

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cana...geChevyTrucks/
bobinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
cajundragger

Scotts is just as much MMII as any of the other companies are.

I had/am having a bad experience with my scotts and can't wait for the day I rebuild all the control arms.

I've had a great experience with Heidts though on another build.

for a rear end I think a generic 10 bolt with 3.73 gears would be nice.
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
tech@scottshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundragger View Post
Scotts is just as much MMII as any of the other companies are.

I had/am having a bad experience with my scotts and can't wait for the day I rebuild all the control arms.

I've had a great experience with Heidts though on another build.
Ok I am done standing on the side lines with you. We have offered to rectify any issue you may or may not have, and the only issues you had brought to our attention is an issue with the rod end bushings wearing prematurely which may have been due to you over torquing them and also a ball joint issue that we where willing to send you.
You suggested to us that you had replace them with energy suspension bushings which are the same bushings we use. You claim how well your truck handles but on the other hand you bad mouth us any chance you get. Which is it?
Since I have joined Scotts I have seen Justin rectify any problem that has come about. I also have aquired a few large accounts that where once accounts of other front end manufactures and praise us on our quality and craftsmanship compared to others and have told us there horror stories with the other companies...
So with pro builders praising us and my own personal appriciation for the product I find it funny that you constantly bad mouth not only us, but you also like to get in to pissing matches with other credible vendors on the site...
If you are so unhappy with that front end cut it off send it in and We will buy you that heidts front end that you want so badly...
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
cajundragger

The OP asked for opinion.

I gave opinion based on what I have experience with. I've heard NOLIMIT and Fatman is great, have I used any of their products? no, so I dont comment on their product.

I've used your front end, and hedits. So I compare your front end to heidts and I choose heidts...which is my opnion, again based on the experince I have.

Im not going to create a pissing match with you like your asking me to because I'd really love to counter your post, but I'll let you have this one. I will make a whole new thread if you'd like about my whole scotts experience and what mod's I've done to my front end to make it work like it does. But I'd probably get banned again in the process.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
tech@scottshotrods

I'm not asking for a pissing match but I think you are stepping on a lot of peoples toes that you dont need to be. If you have an issue with the front end let us help or rectify the problem... Like I mentioned I would not have left Air Ride for a company i didn't believe in... After 12 years in the after market suspension Industry you are praising a couple of the most infamous companies (excluding no limit) out there for having issues odd isn't it... I am no rookie and I hear and see alot and I promise, you are one of very few that have had an issue and the others have allowed us to correct the problems. We are human We are not perfect but We will address and correct to the best of Our abilities any issue no matter how long ago it was, period!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
solidaxel

In my opinion WE like our Scott's IFS
Attached Images

53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
cajundragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackle100 View Post
Nah, bro. He asked what was the best, not what was the worst.
which is an opinion right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
So can we move on and give people the info they need to make an informed decision without the bashing. I thought that was what this site was about.
completely agree.

I had a problem with scotts, many didnt.

I have had no problems with hedits, Scott's says they've been known for problems.

so in the end take all the advise you can muster, good and bad, and make an informed decision.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
The OP asked for opinion.

I gave opinion based on what I have experience with. I've heard NOLIMIT and Fatman is great, have I used any of their products? no, so I dont comment on their product.

I've used your front end, and hedits. So I compare your front end to heidts and I choose heidts...which is my opnion, again based on the experince I have.

Im not going to create a pissing match with you like your asking me to because I'd really love to counter your post, but I'll let you have this one. I will make a whole new thread if you'd like about my whole scotts experience and what mod's I've done to my front end to make it work like it does. But I'd probably get banned again in the process.
We have a review section for a reason, use it. If you continue to troll the vendor in threads, then yes you will have another account suspension for doing so.
This is the last I expect to see of you following them around crapping in their threads.

Thanks!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
cajundragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We have a review section for a reason, use it. If you continue to troll the vendor in threads, then yes you will have another account suspension for doing so.
This is the last I expect to see of you following them around crapping in their threads.

Thanks!
how did I troll the vendor? I posted my post and was done. Then the vendor came back at me...I didnt follow anyone. I believe it was the other way around.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: BEST ifs-frontclip for a 1949 3100 pu

Moved to Review Forum.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
how did I troll the vendor? I posted my post and was done. Then the vendor came back at me...I didnt follow anyone. I believe it was the other way around.
24 hour suspension for continued trolling and pissing match

III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.
IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal
enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
tech@scottshotrods

CAJUNDRAGGER CALL US (805) 485 - 0382 EMAIL US JONM@SCOTTSHOTRODS.COM OR JUSTIN@SCOTTSHOTRODS.COM LET US HELP/ CORRECT ANY ISSUE AND TO SATISFY ANY PROBLEM YOU MAY HAVE HAD.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT REMOVE THE CROSSMEMBER SEND IT BACK FOR A REFUND.
OR DROP IT....

Like stated We are human mistakes might happen but allow us to help you if one occured before slandering Us every chance you get...
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #14
cajundragger

I'd really like to cut it off and send it back. But then I don't because I've finally invested enough time and money into the whole truck, including the front end, to make it drivable to where I can enjoy it.

I tell you what, if you can tell me exactly what powersteering rack I have on my truck, then I'll drop it.

also, riddle me this....when I first bought my front end it had these poopoo bushings, which went to craap literally before the truck had any miles on it. I had to pay for a new set, no discounted price or anything, and I got the same poopoo bushings. Put them on and rolled the truck around on those for a while, but then those went to crap. Two of them where way worse than the rest so I ordered two more, again at full price. But wait when these came in they where different than the first and second set, and looked to be decent quality. Up until this point the truck had never been driven, only sat around the shop. So this got me to finally make the first drive around the block, in which I then ordered a full new set of energy bushings(which look like the last two I ordered from you) and everything has been fine since. Throughout this whole experience, which covered about ~2.5-3 years, it was always my fault they where screwing up. But its funny how as soon as I order a decent bushing I have zero problems. The problem can't be your inferior bushings, nope..never, which you have seemed to switch out.

Its not worth calling you to rectify the problem, as there is nothing you can do at this point, and I want people to know about this. I was given the cold shoulder from your company, and I made due with what I spent my money on by investing more money and more time. I kept quite only telling people of my experience if they asked for a while but now with some many people praising your product I feel like they need to know its not what it may seem and they need to be careful.

When I bought my front end I was told it would lay my running boards on 255/35/20, lift up and completely untuck the tire, had caster built into it, and could be aligned to run very low.

It has satisfied none of these without my modification.

Im overcome with a feeling of this thread will get me banned once again.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #15
Scottshotrods

Quote:
I'd really like to cut it off and send it back. But then I don't because I've finally invested enough time and money into the whole truck, including the front end, to make it drivable to where I can enjoy it.

I tell you what, if you can tell me exactly what powersteering rack I have on my truck, then I'll drop it.

also, riddle me this....when I first bought my front end it had these poopoo bushings, which went to craap literally before the truck had any miles on it. I had to pay for a new set, no discounted price or anything, and I got the same poopoo bushings. Put them on and rolled the truck around on those for a while, but then those went to crap. Two of them where way worse than the rest so I ordered two more, again at full price. But wait when these came in they where different than the first and second set, and looked to be decent quality. Up until this point the truck had never been driven, only sat around the shop. So this got me to finally make the first drive around the block, in which I then ordered a full new set of energy bushings(which look like the last two I ordered from you) and everything has been fine since. Throughout this whole experience, which covered about ~2.5-3 years, it was always my fault they where screwing up. But its funny how as soon as I order a decent bushing I have zero problems. The problem can't be your inferior bushings, nope..never, which you have seemed to switch out.

Its not worth calling you to rectify the problem, as there is nothing you can do at this point, and I want people to know about this. I was given the cold shoulder from your company, and I made due with what I spent my money on by investing more money and more time. I kept quite only telling people of my experience if they asked for a while but now with some many people praising your product I feel like they need to know its not what it may seem and they need to be careful.

When I bought my front end I was told it would lay my running boards on 255/35/20, lift up and completely untuck the tire, had caster built into it, and could be aligned to run very low.

It has satisfied none of these without my modification.

Im overcome with a feeling of this thread will get me banned once again.
P/m sent
Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #16
Scottshotrods

Just spoke to cajundragger on the phone today all got worked out
Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
NLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
Just spoke to cajundragger on the phone today all got worked out
Justin
Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 AM   #18
cajundragger

yep, my faith in Scotts Hotrods is restored. Proud to say they will have parts on my newest project as well.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 AM   #19
NLR

Quote:
yep, my faith in Scotts Hotrods is restored. Proud to say they will have parts on my newest project as well.
Ahhaaaaa pointed comercial.. enough about that .. What does Scotts hot rods say about the corvettebased frontend flat out enginering offer ??