The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2021, 11:16 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Just in a days drive.

I woke up this morning and got the truck out of the garage and took all the trash off. Came home. Pulled the 64 Impala out and loaded up and drove it 5hrs to the beach. I called Circuit Board Medics in Greenville SC on the way down about having a rear view mirror fixed. They want $200.00 to fix it.
So,
I stopped in Conway SC @ the Pick & Pull yard. I scored 3 GenTx mirror's that have the Home link, compass & temperature read outs and one with just the Home - link and compass. One will replace the one in the truck now.
One for the Impala also. Had a nice ride down, the car did fine but the gas mileage sucks! Took 1-1/2 tanks of gas to get here. I figured 10 MPG running 65-70 with the 2 speed power glide! No AC.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:48 PM   #2
Sheepdip

Re: Just in a days drive.

Sunday here in the Kalifornia Central Valley was a gorgeous 70 degree day so I rolled out and dusted off the 40 and drove up the hill (20 mi.) and took the wife to lunch at the old La Grange Saloon.
Mileage sucks no doubt....but do we really care?
Attached Images

Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:09 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Just in a days drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Sunday here in the Kalifornia Central Valley was a gorgeous 70 degree day so I rolled out and dusted off the 40 and drove up the hill (20 mi.) and took the wife to lunch at the old La Grange Saloon.
Mileage sucks no doubt....but do we really care?
That's a nice ride you have there sir. My wife & grand son drove down yesterday so I was by myself. That's why I stopped at the yard.
I going to drive my Tahoe but saw where there are two cruise in's this weekend here 1 on Saturday & 1 on Sunday. I will hit them both.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:37 AM   #4
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
That's a nice ride you have there sir. My wife & grand son drove down yesterday so I was by myself. That's why I stopped at the yard.
I going to drive my Tahoe but saw where there are two cruise in's this weekend here 1 on Saturday & 1 on Sunday. I will hit them both.
Yes sir....it's evident to see we love our cars....and trucks!

Cruise-in's are pretty much non existent at the moment here, but should be picking up speed hopefully real soon.

I have an old high school buddy who had a 64 SS Impala 327/4spd car blue like yours with the whitest interior i ever saw, bright white it was. Those cars had style and class still good looking rides today.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:31 AM   #5
1976gmc20

My 65 Impala with 283 & P/G got awful mileage. It had a 2 barrel carb that seemed to be always messed up in the two years I owned it. I paid good money to have a recommended shop rebuild the carb, and then by the time I traded it in it would hardly even run.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:16 AM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Yes sir....it's evident to see we love our cars....and trucks!

Cruise-in's are pretty much non existent at the moment here, but should be picking up speed hopefully real soon.

I have an old high school buddy who had a 64 SS Impala 327/4spd car blue like yours with the whitest interior i ever saw, bright white it was. Those cars had style and class still good looking rides today.
That's why I chose to drive it this time. I saw the flyers right before I left yesterday on F/B. So I figured why not.

Quote:
1976gmc20,
My 65 Impala with 283 & P/G got awful mileage. It had a 2 barrel carb that seemed to be always messed up in the two years I owned it. I paid good money to have a recommended shop rebuild the carb, and then by the time I traded it in it would hardly even run.
Mine has a later model 350 in it now. I got the 283 when I bought it but after pulling it a part it wasn't worth messing with it. It had a cracked block so I trashed it.
I have a Elderbrock 1406 4 barrel on it and it runs good after having my local guy tune it and we changed the jets out in it.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 01-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #7
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Sure is a pleasure for me to follow you on all you do to your 64 Andy ,,, it brings back memories for me when I bought my 63 409 back in 1964 .. I will never forget driving down I-5 showing off to my brother-in law by hittin the gas every once in awhile taking it up a notch in a quick hurry when heading south to Eugene Oregon ,,I kept a close eye in my review mirror ,,, while seeing the needle hit around 85 miles and hour ,,here comes a Buick passing by me (the reason I knew it a Buick is port holes in the sides) the Buick was I believe a 1954-58,, I like the new mirror you got..
Old 01-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Sure is a pleasure for me to follow you on all you do to your 64 Andy ,,, it brings back memories for me when I bought my 63 409 back in 1964 .. I will never forget driving down I-5 showing off to my brother-in law by hittin the gas every once in awhile taking it up a notch in a quick hurry when heading south to Eugene Oregon ,,I kept a close eye in my review mirror ,,, while seeing the needle hit around 85 miles and hour ,,here comes a Buick passing by me (the reason I knew it a Buick is port holes in the sides) the Buick was I believe a 1954-58,, I like the new mirror you got..
Thanks. I just wished I could get them mounted. Still haven't gotten my mirror mount.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 01-28-2021, 12:19 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Unhappy Re: Just in a days drive.

I drove the Impala over to the golf cart store here at the beach. Less than 10 miles round trip. Got home and was getting out and the rear wheel center cap is gone! Dang it.... 4 years and hadn't lost one. I ordered new ones yesterday and a new emblem for it. I may have to make up some kind of leash for them.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-02-2021, 10:28 AM   #10
Zippi

The wife and I like to get our 49 out and go for a drive when we have sunny days and the tempurature is about 40 degrees. it's been cold and a bit of snow on the ground here so all I can do is look at my ride. Due to the Covid situation the wife and I didn't get out to the cruise-ins in 2020 like we normally do so hoping this year will be better.
Attached Images

Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:31 AM   #11
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippi View Post
The wife and I like to get our 49 out and go for a drive when we have sunny days and the tempurature is about 40 degrees. it's been cold and a bit of snow on the ground here so all I can do is look at my ride. Due to the Covid situation the wife and I didn't get out to the cruise-ins in 2020 like we normally do so hoping this year will be better.

I try to drive mine whenever I can. I had to park the Impala under the shed out back but it's not much protection. I got home yesterday and she is back inside the garage now. I will have to do a good washing in the next day are so. Over the 2 weeks I put a little over 400 miles on it. Didn't use a drop of oil and ran 65-70 on the interstate for 5 hrs. That power glide though!
I got the missing center cap all fixed up and got the mirror installed last night.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club