The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #2951
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
The SPID.
That truck is equipped nicely.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:48 PM   #2952
Greg58

Looks great, and solid, and a heavy duty!
1987 Chevy Suburban 2500, Silverado, 2wd, 454, t-400
2023 Chevy Silverado LT 3500, crew cab, longbox, 4x4 Z-71 Duramax.
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:23 PM   #2953
Killer Bee

well looks like facetruck could use a boost for this week

recently cel on in my 02 gmc 196k miles and started noticing idle stumble and difficulty starting, fast cranking, no fire and occasional backfire..

better investigate - found codes for evap purge 446 & 1441 and cmp (cam position sensor) 343

purge valve can affect idle quality and starting and super easy to replace so picked one up saturday on my way home form work at a local dealer $52.69..

didn't feel like driving over an hour round trip the other way to save a few percent..

checked the valve when I got home and it was bad, not excessive, but passing slightly with 0 input..

replaced it and pretty much what I expected - evap codes gone but cmp code returned and very difficult starting

drove the longhorn to church sunday (Mrs. Bee takes kids to early class), kids got a kick out of riding home with me tho

of course on sunday couldn't find a delco cam sensor anywhere and really didn't want part store chinesium so decided to wait till monday..

drove the longhorn to work monday morning (day shift yesterday) and figured I'd pick one up on the way home..

great plan except no one had it nearby.. closest dealer to work Win offered $107 had to order and the dealer we buy from at work offered $77 but also had to order..

but he did give me some leads where it was in stock and I started calling.. Connell supposed to have it but no, glad I called and finally FMP in fullerton had 17 of them

but it gets better, their price was only $38.91

they are quite a ways from work and lots of traffic by the time I was planning to leave so the lovely Mrs Bee had a break in her day and was kind enough to pick it up for me

but lo and behold, she reports..... you guessed it made in china

oh well, we tried.. it is a genuine delco so I suppose the best chance I have..

so this morning after dropping the kids off at school and nice warm morning in the driveway, I replaced the sensor..

kinda difficult for old fat guys to get to, and not sure what all those sharp plastic protrusions on the intake are for, other than extracting my dna but I got it done in a few minutes..

light cleared, starts great, idles great, test drive pass

Old 04-01-2021, 11:40 PM   #2954
Killer Bee

watch out - Bee family is going mobile!

Old 04-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #2955
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
watch out - Bee family is going mobile!

You will make memories with that. Congratulations.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #2956
Killer Bee

Quote:
You will make memories with that. Congratulations.
thank you sir! E450 super duty in great shape and floor plan we looked for quite a while..

fully loaded with all the necessities but not overly gadgeted..

my favorite part is no payments

Mrs. Bee going thru paperwork and making a hit list, kids enjoying camping in the driveway

planning to get everything fully serviced next month or two, one good local weekend trip at least, then midwest bound end of june..

Old 04-03-2021, 07:33 AM   #2957
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I used to work on quite a few powerstroke campers like that. Then they quit putting them in? That's insane. One of them may have gotten a 12v. I should have tried to buy that rig. Haha
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #2958
Killer Bee

diesel class c are very rare for some reason - road noise? campground noise? fuel options for genset, atv fueling, or other aux uses that would require two fuel tanks? not sure but whatever diesel are out there, aren't on the market much around here anyways.. and probably 2x - 3x the $ if we found one.. I probably would have liked the powersroke better if I had more towing plans for it but we did well on this one, Mrs. Bee does her homework and it ours not the bank's

we did find a 6.0L gmc but it was a 3500, almost $15k more and not quite the floor plan we wanted, it had the crawl over rear bed.. everything else is f o r d

it has the 6.8 triton and 4R100 trans with 75k miles and not a drop in sight

smooth cruiser with more than enough power to scoot around, even in socal..

smog test passed with flying colors in the < 5% of average in category

E450 sits empty 10k, 14k gvwr and 19k gcwr with 5k hitch - it's more than enough for our needs.. wider axles over the 350 series really makes a difference.. and the brakes, don't get me started on the dismal excuse for brakes in the 350 series

we have a couple thousand F250-F550 trucks and E250-E350 vans at work so no shortage of talent if I need help with anything..

200 mile rv tow was only $65 added to my aaa membership so not going to be overly concerned, just do my inspections and ask my crew at work if I need help with repairs.. worst case father in law owns imperial auto and truck in henderson nv, probably one of the biggest independents in the vegas valley and they work on rv's
Old 04-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #2959
Killer Bee

haven't checked his website lately but yah, if batman goes there.....

Old 04-06-2021, 08:18 AM   #2960
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

The 4r100s are a really good trans. IMO Ford had the best drive train set ups for a fleet up until 08 or so. They kind of dropped the ball for a bit and I'm sure there were money reasons during that time frame. Anyhow, we still have some old Ford chassis cube trucks in our fleet because they just keep going. None of ours had the V10s. That camper will be so nice for you and the fam! I've been on the hunt for large enough 67-72 one but they are either pristine and high dollar or trashed and still too much for what they are. Eventually, I may just find a wrecked unit and graft a 67-72 cab/front clip on to one. We'll see. Campers are not a good thing to be buying currently. Everyone being locked up and at home for over a year has made everything nuts.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 04-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #2961
Killer Bee

you got that right, market is crazy but we needed something for this summer so Mrs. Bee dug in and found finally found a good deal..

it's just a hair under 27' so it will fit neatly next to the garage and not stick out like a sore thumb

she has been talking about this for years and really got serious about it with all the travel restrictions being discussed..

I'm glad to hear your comments on the trans, we haven't had many issues with them at work either

I was concerned about spitting out spark plugs but it seems that was an issue more prevalent in the 3v, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic..

we have replaced probably close to a hundred plugs in two of my shops and we use the time sert kits which are apparently better than the rotunda I guess.. I just buy what my techs tell me too

and even in the van bodies, they're not that bad, I might even be able to do one myself

now the late model offerings have been poop! just had a 2016 F450 launch a cam follower thru the rocker cover and we're replacing an engine in a 2015 F450 with 46k miles that had all the cam updates at the dealer in 2018 and just went past warranty three months ago dept. wide had lots and lots of engine issues with the late model dohc engines..

too bad chevy fell out of the medium market back in 09 or so and just got rolling back in to it a year or so ago.. I only found one older 5500 duramax/allison but it was more than 2x the cost of this one, 35', high miles, three slideouts, etc.. probably nice as long as everything worked but it was one of those where there was just too much for the chassis size and looked like one big rolling headache

we looked at class A coaches as well but they waste a lot of space up front, have to add 6-8' overall to get the same amount of berthing space.. we just need something to move our family of 4+dog cross country, not entertain a dozen drunks in glamis

now if I had the room and the coin, an actual heavy duty truck chassis model would be the way to go.. but I'll have to grow into one of those, maybe when we sell our orange county house

there are a surprising number of the mid seventies gmc coaches for sale and I did see some 67-72 possible candidates but Mrs. Bee just gave me the eye, didn't even bother with a reply
Old 04-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #2962
davischevy

Prices are crazy is right.

We bought a Seneca last winter. I was looking last week, and we could make money on it if we sold it.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:16 PM   #2963
Killer Bee

I was just looking at those to see what they're going for around here and my son walked behind me and said whaaaat?!

I love you guys, give me something to aspire to - I barely owe that much on my house
Old 04-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #2964
davischevy

I can't believe what the Jayco Seneca's on the Chevrolet chassis with the Duramax are still bringing.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:37 PM   #2965
72 tigger

Not sure if this has been posted before- saw it on FB
Attached Images

Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:50 PM   #2966
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
you got that right, market is crazy but we needed something for this summer so Mrs. Bee dug in and found finally found a good deal..

it's just a hair under 27' so it will fit neatly next to the garage and not stick out like a sore thumb

she has been talking about this for years and really got serious about it with all the travel restrictions being discussed..

I'm glad to hear your comments on the trans, we haven't had many issues with them at work either

I was concerned about spitting out spark plugs but it seems that was an issue more prevalent in the 3v, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic..

we have replaced probably close to a hundred plugs in two of my shops and we use the time sert kits which are apparently better than the rotunda I guess.. I just buy what my techs tell me too

and even in the van bodies, they're not that bad, I might even be able to do one myself

now the late model offerings have been poop! just had a 2016 F450 launch a cam follower thru the rocker cover and we're replacing an engine in a 2015 F450 with 46k miles that had all the cam updates at the dealer in 2018 and just went past warranty three months ago dept. wide had lots and lots of engine issues with the late model dohc engines..

too bad chevy fell out of the medium market back in 09 or so and just got rolling back in to it a year or so ago.. I only found one older 5500 duramax/allison but it was more than 2x the cost of this one, 35', high miles, three slideouts, etc.. probably nice as long as everything worked but it was one of those where there was just too much for the chassis size and looked like one big rolling headache

we looked at class A coaches as well but they waste a lot of space up front, have to add 6-8' overall to get the same amount of berthing space.. we just need something to move our family of 4+dog cross country, not entertain a dozen drunks in glamis

now if I had the room and the coin, an actual heavy duty truck chassis model would be the way to go.. but I'll have to grow into one of those, maybe when we sell our orange county house

there are a surprising number of the mid seventies gmc coaches for sale and I did see some 67-72 possible candidates but Mrs. Bee just gave me the eye, didn't even bother with a reply
I'm only one drunk, is there enough room for me?....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:22 PM   #2967
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol blue k20 View Post
i'm only one drunk, is there enough room for me?....
yes!
Old 04-07-2021, 05:00 AM   #2968
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
I've seen that before but it is still killer!
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM   #2969
Killer Bee

Quote:
very cool! I don't have facebook so can you tell me if that's one-off or are they for sale? other models available like shotguns? thank you!
Old 04-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #2970
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
I feel threatened by that evil picture. I don’t think it belongs in a truck forum...

That seat would be a sweet compliment to the gun rack over the back window of my K20. I can never have enough gun storage.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #2971
Killer Bee

howdy fellow facetruckers, here we go again! motorhome cost more than I thought

gonna have to buy another wallet, my last one just burst into flames

Old 04-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #2972
davischevy

Quote:
howdy fellow facetruckers, here we go again! motorhome cost more than I thought

gonna have to buy another wallet, my last one just burst into flames

Save enough money to buy a bus ticket out of there to the show me state some day.

Maybe you should just go ahead and pave it all.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:16 PM   #2973
Killer Bee

Quote:
Save enough money to buy a bus ticket out of there to the show me state some day.

Maybe you should just go ahead and pave it all.
I was hoping you'd pick us up in the freightliner - 1st class all the way home!

thought about going all the way but we need a little green around the edges

at least they stopped short of this

Old 04-21-2021, 06:40 AM   #2974
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Man, for the cost of concrete, just park the RV at a resort and now you saved money and have a 2nd home.
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 04-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #2975
Killer Bee

I grew up on 3-5 miles of gravel depending which way you turned at the end of driveway..

1/4mi gravel driveway, gravel all the way to house, garage, etc. gravel floor in machine shed..

but for some reason it isn't very popular with folks in these parts

at least it's not plywood