The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
ogsRULE

Best Parts Suppliers

I'm not sure if this is a dicey topic or one that has been discussed before but I am really wondering what is the opinion of the best parts suppliers?

What I have found so far is that there is a big variety in the quality, especially on repop parts, but also on rubber and electrical parts, etc. I got two bumper brackets from different suppliers and they were noticeably different in terms of the thickness of the metal.

A recent order from LMC: Good prices, great catalog, fast and complete shipping, but the parts were a little hit and miss. The door striker plates were thin and completely different from the originals. I just won't use them, and there is a "no returns" policy. And so on.

For me, I'm less concerned about a little difference in price, I'd just like to know which suppliers really watch the quality and deliver parts as close to original as available?
Attached Images

ogsRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
pimpston65

Re: Best Parts Suppliers

well, im kinda done with aftermarket on most parts. if you want it to fit right get original parts and rebuild,repair,repaint it!!! if not its a crap shot and the parts are plentiful if ur willing to put the work in, if not by all means aftermarket is the way, heck i still will get rubber gaskets and other safty items like brake pads. just my opinion...
pimpston65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
MikeS.

Re: Best Parts Suppliers

I've had pretty good luck with LMC and with TruckStore or is it Shop out of Calif.
Triluminar Lodge #117 GL of WVa

My 1963 4x4 Suburban build;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=531274

My Gallery, now with pics of my 1966 C30 motorhome.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...&ppuser=103447
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote