The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
smokehouse

Re: New to me 78 burb

i can't remember i just ordered them from a guy on facebook and i just told him a c10 truck and they fit great they are 8" in the front and 10" in the rear. wheels and tires were only 1100 cash. i thought was a great deal.

i love the tow mirrors too they are not going anywhere.
smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
mcnally351

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
i can't remember i just ordered them from a guy on facebook and i just told him a c10 truck and they fit great they are 8" in the front and 10" in the rear. wheels and tires were only 1100 cash. i thought was a great deal.

i love the tow mirrors too they are not going anywhere.
Cool thanks

77 k5 Cheyenne 2wd 5.3 4l60e project
mcnally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
smokehouse

This is a long shot but does anyone have a used gear vendor that attaches to a sm465. i think i'm getting closer into buying one for this project. Does anyone sell them for a discount on this site that you know of.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
swissarmychainsaw

I'm assuming you are looking for improved gas mileage?

I have considered a lot, different options and fell into something that might help. (and gas here is close to $4 than $2.)

I've looked for Gear Vendors on craigslist for years, and they always seem to be the price of half a transmission (or more) and they are used.

I thought about putting in a 'newer' tranny with more gears and stuff.

Then I ended up gettting a Suburban with a carbed LS in it, and that thing gets in the mid teens for gas mileage. Stock TH350/NP203 (part time), has tons of power and sounds great.

If your going to spend several grand on this, and you will, consider just getting a used 'crate' - ready to roll - LS.
swissarmychainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
Old65C10

I love your Suburban, it is perfect. The wheels and tires look great as well as the stance.
I have a 90 V2500. If I could have 2 Suburbans, my second one would be just like yours, but with a 73-74 grill and two tone (blue with white inset)
Keep up the good work, I love to see these nice old trucks mildly customized in a way that does not cause permanent damage. Someday it may be worth a lot more stock than modified.
Old65C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #6
smokehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old65C10 View Post
I love your Suburban, it is perfect. The wheels and tires look great as well as the stance.
I have a 90 V2500. If I could have 2 Suburbans, my second one would be just like yours, but with a 73-74 grill and two tone (blue with white inset)
Keep up the good work, I love to see these nice old trucks mildly customized in a way that does not cause permanent damage. Someday it may be worth a lot more stock than modified.
thanks that's what i was going for when i built it because i still want to use it like a truck to tow my vw to shows and haul my family around. i think when i'm off for Christmas i'll put the lowered shackles on it and just go one more inch in the back. my next thing i want to do is either install efi or gear vendor i'll just have to save up.