The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
lbsands

Checking in from Pembroke Pines, FL

Greetings everyone.

I recently purchased a 1983 Chevrolet C10 short bed (Scottsdale). According to the VIN decoder from the LMC truck catalog, the motor is/was a 305 V8. The previous owner modified some things, including adding an Edelbrock carburetor. The truck has functional A/C and is overall in pretty good condition.

I've since removed the bench seat, carpet, underlayment, dash cover, and other interior components, mainly to find and repair a water leak that appears to be coming from the cowel drain thingy that I've read several posts on already.

From there, I plan on making the interior structurally sound (and safe) and updating things like the radio, speakers, gauges, bezel, dash cover, steering wheel, miscellaneous knobs/handles, seat belts, maybe the seat and possibly the glass.

As far as the exterior, I plan to change the grille, replace the tailgate handle, upgrade the wheels and tires, repaint (undecided about chrome trim), and decide what to do with the engine.

Looking forward to learning a lot on here (hopefully with success from the search tool) and making this truck everything I want it to be.

lbsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
LEEVON

Re: Checking in from Pembroke Pines, FL

Welcome to the forum! Sweet short bed, are you planning on lowering it or anything? We used to live in Pines, South of Taft between University and 89th. I really miss the weather : )
Old 04-15-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
lbsands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Welcome to the forum! Sweet short bed, are you planning on lowering it or anything? We used to live in Pines, South of Taft between University and 89th. I really miss the weather : )
Hey man thanks! I do plan on lifting it a few inches, nothing crazy. So you used to live in Sunswept? That's funny because I live just north of that in Pasadena Lakes. Small world.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
LEEVON

Yes sir, it was our first house, we moved to Missouri in 2007 and finally sold it in 2010. Our roof got tore up by Wilma in 2005, can't remember which was worse. It was much easier to work on my truck outside there though!
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
lbsands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Yes sir, it was our first house, we moved to Missouri in 2007 and finally sold it in 2010. Our roof got tore up by Wilma in 2005, can't remember which was worse. It was much easier to work on my truck outside there though!
You ain't lying. We can pretty much do anything outside all year round. Wilma was pretty bad and Irma has been the worst since then but we got lucky. The keys got hit pretty bad. Well Sunswept and Pasadena Lakes are still in a great area. Not only do I live there but I work for Pembroke Pines PD so I like to think I would know haha.