The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Was it worth the $500 or not worth two dead flies?
Not worth two dead flies 0 0%
Has potential 27 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Steve_aka_Violent_J

My 1963 C-20 Long bed (slow Build)

This Thread is my first. Also my first is my 1963 Chevy Long bed. I wanted a truck this time. Cars are just hard to find now, and when you do find one its not worth it. So the new venture began several months ago.I started looking for a 49-54 chevy. Here where i'm from there are some but people are holding on to them.
At work the company mechanic knew i wanted a truck. One day he says "hey, my nephew has a 63 long bed. it needs work but what doesn't that old. I asked him to bring it by at lunch so you can look at it".
So on the trailer it comes. boy it looked like crap. But the body was fairly straight. I said how much? $500 firm and he will deliver it to your drive way. After a few moments and a guarantee from my friend "the mechanic" the engine will fire up, I agreed.
Sure enough it fired up and sounded like a champ. The old glass packs rumbled, no smoke even after seven years being parked. But there was a slight issue with the carb and intake. so the mechanic hooked me up with a 305 engine for $100 which also runs, did the swap and now it sits.I only swapped the intake and carb.

The truck has a 327 engine with a 350 automatic transmission.
It is a 3/4 ton with the 8 lug rims

My goal is to put on disk brakes in the front and swap out the rear end with a 71/72 rear end. after the swap i plan on bagging it. if money allows. I am a certified welder so i can save money there so if any one knows where i can get a set up cheap, hit me up. this will also be my first bag job. but i do have a friend who has done quite a few.

I will post picks once i learn how to

I want to thank lolife99 for all the info he has givin me on this build.

thanks for looking at my thread. if anyone has advice or info please share.
I am always willing to learn
Attached Images

Last edited by Steve_aka_Violent_J; 04-30-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Steve_aka_Violent_J is offline   Reply With Quote