The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #76
Chad22873

Re: Blazer Bed Floor Replacement

Don't worry about my thread Jim. I enjoy all the comments. I mucked it up long ago by posting random pics while waiting on parts. Greg .... That looks great. It's always interesting to see everyone's fab skills and ideas. I sure don't think you would go wrong with the entire floor replacement. Having it come complete with all the parts, sealed the deal for me because if you have 990 days left I probably have 898. Anything that helps save time for me is a plus.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #77
-Greg72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad22873 View Post
The floor came from GMC Pauls. Shipping wasn't bad at all and it came in a crate that would take a tank to crush. I have never seen anything packaged so well.....
Boy, you ain't kidding!!!!!

After seeing your pics, I placed an order with GMCPauls too.

Here's what I got today:

All of that, just to protect the new bedfloor sheetmetal inside. I was impressed....

-G

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:50 PM   #78
Chad22873

Ya it's incredible. In fact the crate is built so well that we are using it as the framework for a two door dog house. GMCPAULS has certainly provided some great products.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:51 PM   #79
Stokester

Quote:
Ya it's incredible. In fact the crate is built so well that we are using it as the framework for a two door dog house. GMCPAULS has certainly provided some great products.
Hey chad! Couple questions. Did you have top on when you put bed floor in? Did you have on frame or off? Can you post a pic of your stands you used to hold rear up? How far did u pull the fenders out? I have my new bed floor from gmcpauls and ready to install. Thanks Mike
Posted via Mobile Device
Stokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:42 AM   #80
Chad22873

Hey Mike. I would be happy to answer any questions. First off I left it on the frame. I wanted make sure that everything lined up correctly while it was sitting on the body mounts. Secondly I did have the top off. It would be impossible to pull the sides out far enough to slide the floor in with the top attached. I had to pull the fenders out a couple inches. I was concerned about whether that was possible or not without tweaking some of the metal towards the front of the bedsides, but to my surprise, it was never a problem. You do have to remove the rocker box end caps to make it work. If you don't, the cross sills of the floor will hit them and not allow you to slide the floor forward. I looked for pics of the stands and couldn't find any. Really all they were was a piece of pipe with a piece of flat iron welded to it and holes drilled through the flat iron so I could bolt them up to the tailgate hinge bolt holes. I just cut them the right length to where they held each side up slightly. They worked perfectly. I do have a picture that I will post of the spot I am referring to where I did bolt the stands to and I will post it in my next post. If u have any more questions, let me know. Happy to help.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:45 AM   #81
Chad22873

This is where I bolted the stands.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #82
Stokester

Quote:
This is where I bolted the stands.
Thx for info. I am frame off top on. I guess I need to put back on frame and take top off. Just thought it would be easier to get floor in frame off. How much help did you have getting new floor in? Did you do it solo or is it a 2 man operation? I was trying to save old floor in 1 piece so I had measurement for seat holes speaker box etc... No big deal I can cut it up. Thx again for all you help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 PM   #83
Chad22873

In my opinion it would certainly be much easier to replace the floor frame off. It would simply be a matter of just lifting/jacking it up into place. Much simpler than trying to slide it in from the rear like I did. Although I really didn't have much trouble and we had the frame there to support the weight of it while we slid it into place. It was a two man operation for me but only took about 15 minutes. I had everything ready though before my help arrived. If you do it with the frame off, I don't see why you couldn't leave the top on. There would really not be a reason to slide the sides out at all if you were coming in from the bottom. My concern as I said earlier was simply making sure that everything was lined up properly. That's why i did it on the frame. If you take plenty of measurements though, I don't see why you couldn't do it frame off. You mentioned about cutting the old floor up. I took lots of measurements before I cut my floor up. I cut it up because doing it the way I did it made it much easier to get the old out of the way and certainly much easier as a one man show. Again if you are frame off you should just be able to un bolt it and drop it down.